Show only users create forms - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Show only users create forms

Last post 07-24-2007 10:56 PM by Clay Fox. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-24-2007 01:53 PM

Show only users create forms

Hi,

I have a form library with holiday requests containing sensitive data.  When a user submits a form they can also revoke that form at a later time so they need to be able to view their forms in the form library that they submit it to and subsequently open it from there. 

In this form library I would like to show only forms that the user created.  Also for the manager's approval the manager needs to be able to view forms that he/she must approve.

Can I set permisssions on the form when it is submitted to add 2 users (the requester/the manager of the requester) with read/write access to the form? 

There seems to be a catch-22 situation here because contributor access is required on the form library which means all users can see all forms but there seems to be no way to easily restrict what is visible to only show forms that the user has created.

Can you point me in the correct direction on this please?  

• 07-24-2007 10:56 PM In reply to

Re: Show only users create forms

I am not positive whether there is a solution in SP 2007 or not but I had this issue with 2003.  Your options are to put the permissions in your form, but this can be defeated, use email to notify managers instead of SP, or use the Database Accelerator.  DBXL and our catalog form gives you all the workflow and assignment and actually secures the form with SQL.

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.