Connection to database JET DB intilization problem HELP! - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Connection to database JET DB intilization problem HELP!

Last post 06-14-2007 06:15 AM by gillrajb. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-08-2007 06:31 PM

Connection to database JET DB intilization problem HELP!

Hi guys. Im having alot of trouble with this. I have created a simple access database, uploaded to a doc library on a sharepoint site. Then I made a infopath form based on this by using the url: //207.245.47.37/sites/Safety_and_Training/ai/db2.mdb

I succeeded in creating the form. I then published it onto the sharepoint site. Now, when I try to fill out the form so the database can be filled in, I hit submit and it opens up a ADO warning telling me that the website is using my identity to connect to the datasource, I hit ok and then I get another window saying "Please enter MS JET OLE DB Initialization." In the fields it has 1) Datasource is \\207.245.47.37\sites\Safety_and_Training\ai\db2.mdb, the 2)username is Admin, 3)password is blank, 4)provider string is blank and the 5)open mode is on DB_Mode_Readwrite.

1. One thing I tried is in the username and password I give my administrator login as Corpdynatec\RGill, and then the password I always use to login onto the site. It then gives me:

InfoPath cannot connect to the data source.
    Not a valid account name or password.

2. Next thing I try is just leaving the username as admin and password blank but then I get the message:

InfoPath cannot connect to the data source.
    The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '\\207.245.47.37\sites\Safety_and_Training\ai\db2.mdb'.  It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Please let me know what im doing wrong and how to fix this.
  • 06-14-2007 01:50 AM In reply to

Re: Connection to database JET DB intilization problem HELP!

Hi gillrajb,

Instead of uploading to a doc library in SharePoint, have you tried storing on a shared network folder? I think this might be a little easier for InfoPath to understand.

Matt Faus / Microsoft InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra® Software / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
  • 06-14-2007 05:47 AM In reply to

But can how can I make it so that the shared folder can be accessed from any computer anywhere? I forget how to do this, can you link me to a tutorial on making it available anywhere?
  • 06-14-2007 06:09 AM In reply to

Information from this site might be helpful: http://blog.crowe.co.nz/archive/2006/03/18/603.aspx
    Matt Faus / Microsoft InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra® Software / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
  • 06-14-2007 06:15 AM In reply to

Will I need access to the overall sharepoint site? Because I only have access to the directory Safety and Training http://207.245.47.37/sites/Safety_and_Training/   Also, I cannot find the IIS on my computer obviously so I take it I will have to get admin rights for the whole site?
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.