AllowPaging - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

AllowPaging

Last post 04-12-2010 06:59 AM by nthaka1. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-17-2005 05:42 PM

AllowPaging

Oh,When i display a lot of data from database use reports table,it's very long .Can reports table like asp:dataGrid have AllowPaging property ?
    Please tell me. Thanks.
  • 01-18-2005 06:00 PM In reply to

It might be best to have a next/prev button set which requeries the database based on a starting and ending row. This will reduce the amount of data actually in the form at one time which should prevent any performance issues.

Greg Collins [InfoPath MVP]
  • 05-09-2005 02:53 PM In reply to

• maulik
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-09-2005
    • USA
    • Posts 4
    As a developer, this is not a good idea to have next/prev button controlling queries to a db.
    Also, in a real world scenario, this could become a drag on performance on the DB Server.
    Most prev/next functionality should be handled by the client, for example, the scroll bar. What you see is only a finite number of rows, the rest is in the client data memory area. Imagine if it were to query the DB.
  • 05-09-2005 06:31 PM In reply to

Hi Maulik,
    I agree with your post on next/prev. However, InfoPath has serious perf issues when you a) load lots of data into the main DOM, and b) bind it to your view. My suggestion would be to use views or filtered queries to reduce the data set. If that isn't an option, load the data into a secondary data source (secondary DOM) and show a small window onto your data from the view (or copy a limited amount to your main DOM and use some kind of scroll paging there).
    Good luck,

Patrick Halstead [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPathDev
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 07-03-2006 05:02 AM In reply to

Hi,
    I very new to Infopath 2003
    please anyone send me the code as if how to do paging using prev.next button if there is large data we are retrieving from database.
  • 07-03-2006 05:23 AM In reply to

Hi,
    please send me code sample as how to dopaging using infopath.however one sample example of master detail paging is there but i need to know if i am retrieving large data from database how can we perform paging using next/prev button.

Thanks & regards
    Binay

quote:
    Originally posted by maulik

As a developer, this is not a good idea to have next/prev button controlling queries to a db.
    Also, in a real world scenario, this could become a drag on performance on the DB Server.
    Most prev/next functionality should be handled by the client, for example, the scroll bar. What you see is only a finite number of rows, the rest is in the client data memory area. Imagine if it were to query the DB.

• 07-03-2006 06:12 AM In reply to

Hello
    Welcome to Infopathdev Forums

Please read the links below. It has code which explains to do paging for data in SQL database and Asp.net
    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/dbpaging.asp
    http://134814.datagrid.codebetter.com/blogs/jeffrey.palermo/archive/2005/11/18/134814.aspx

I hope these will help you.
    Kalyan G Reddy
    Infopath MVP 2007 and 2008
  • 04-12-2010 06:59 AM In reply to

Kalyan.

We want the code to implement paging in InfoPath not in ASP.NET.

Any one having knowledge of this functionality please send some steps to implement it. 

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.