Problem in Navigating to Views - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Problem in Navigating to Views

Last post 03-08-2005 11:44 PM by Patrick Halstead. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2005 12:40 AM

• Sudheer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-01-2005
    • India
    • Posts 7

Problem in Navigating to Views

When i am trying to navigate between views am getting the Error dialog with following message

The script running in this form is causing infopath to run slowly. If the script continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to stop the script?

Application used Repeated sections and arrays? are they making the difference.

Suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Sudheer
  • 03-01-2005 09:30 AM In reply to

Re: Problem in Navigating to Views

Do you have an OnSwitchView event handler defined? It sounds like you've got some code which is taking a while to complete. The dialog box you are seeing is normal for code that takes longer than a certain amount of time (I'm not sure what that length is).

Greg Collins [InfoPath MVP]
  • 03-01-2005 11:06 PM In reply to

• Sudheer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-01-2005
    • India
    • Posts 7

Thanks Greg,
    Some times i am getting Send and Don't send dialog box. I got Repeating tables and Sections and populating using code. I got some buttons to add Parent and child nodes to repeating section and Table. Here design is something like this. RepeatSection is the Parent and Repeat Table is the child records. When add ing using buttons to add and remove my screen blinking and if i add more records then its taking time and sometimes giving the "Dont Send" - Crashing the Infopath. I think its totally due to mshtml.dll
    Can i have what needs to be done on this.

Can you please atleast suggest how we can minimize the errors of Don't Send.
  • 03-08-2005 11:44 PM In reply to

Hi Sudheer,
    My guess is that the code is doing something inefficient. Make sure that you aren't propagating the events infinitely by making changes to the node which is causing hte event and not checking in the event handler for reentrance. This is covered in the book in chapter 2.
    Good luck!
    Patrick
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.