Capturing the Windows login using web services. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Capturing the Windows login using web services.

Last post 07-13-2005 02:17 AM by Patrick Halstead. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-08-2005 05:39 AM

Capturing the Windows login using web services.

At present I have an Infopath form where the employee in an organization enters his employee-id in a textbox and clicks on a "Find" button.All the other employee details like his name,phone number,email-id etc gets populated in the corressponding controls.

I have written a web service which takes in employee id as the input from the Infopath form (on the click of the buton)and searches in the ADS for the details and returns the employee details.

But now I want to implement the following..
    When I open the Infopath form in SharePoint,I want all the emplyee details to be automatically populated.
    So I want my webservice to validate against my windows login which is the employee id in my organization.
    I want my web service to capture the windows login and then search the ADS for the employee details based on the employee id,I enter in the Windows login.
    So can somebody tell me as to how I can capture the Windows login i.e the user-id in my web service.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Abhishek
  • 07-08-2005 06:36 AM In reply to

Re: Capturing the Windows login using web services.

Hi.

The .NET System.Environment class provides a number of user informational calls that can be made. for example; System.Environment.UserName.ToString()

Cheers. Scott.
  • 07-10-2005 11:13 PM In reply to

Thanks a lot Scott.
    I will look into it.
    Regards,
    Abhishek
  • 07-11-2005 06:36 AM In reply to

Abhishek,

I want to do something similar to you. I would be really interested to see how you wrote your web service - do you have any code that you could post or send me?

Thanks,

Mark Perry.
  • 07-11-2005 06:35 PM In reply to

The AD WebService that we have on our webstore supports this as well as getting the current user. For $19.95, you can't beat the price...

Patrick Halstead [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPathDev
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 07-12-2005 01:24 AM In reply to

Does it have instructions on how to set it up and use it? I'm not a serious developer, I just want to be able to get the current username and password so that people can easily log into sharepoint and see the data that they want.
  • 07-13-2005 02:17 AM In reply to

Sure thing. Check it out at:http://www.infopathdev.com/webstore/detail.aspx?itemid=18

Patrick Halstead [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPathDev
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.