Pass params via URL to InfoPath webform - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Pass params via URL to InfoPath webform

Last post 02-12-2007 02:45 AM by happydigit. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2007 09:58 AM

Pass params via URL to InfoPath webform

Hello,

here is my problem:

I have created a aspx page in SharePoint Designer. On this page I put with the XmlFormView Control a web browser enabled InfoPath 2007 form. Works fine. Now I want to pass two params via the URL to the InfoPath form.

For example: The URL to the aspx page with the form is:

myserver/site/infopathpage.aspx

Imagine I have this URL:

myserver/site/infopathpage.aspx?listid={xxx}&itemid=26

How can I use this params (listid and itemid) in InfoPath from the URL string?
  • 02-10-2007 04:31 PM In reply to

Re: Pass params via URL to InfoPath webform

I don't know if this is supported. My guess is that it isn't for hosted InfoPath forms. If you have a handle to the InfoPath instance, you could write a Web service on the server to get the parameters and set a couple fields in the InfoPath form. Usually for passing parameters we use import via the command line /aggregate switch or we use a sample xml file and NewFromSolutionWithData or something like that. I'll ask David to respond. He worked on Form Server...
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 02-11-2007 04:29 AM In reply to

Thanks Patrick!

Meantime I do the following workaround:
    In the InfoPath object model I can get via the HTTPContext the referrer URL. With some ”epic voyage” in string operations (substring, trim, etc.) I deconstruct the URL and so I get my parameters in InfoPath but I think this is only a workaround. And it is very error-prone.
    Actually I miss in InfoPath “request.params” :-)
  • 02-11-2007 12:48 PM In reply to

Hi HappyDigit,
    Can you post more details of what you did? We'd like to understand this better. Thanks!
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 02-11-2007 08:07 PM In reply to

Did you have a chance to read this article:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms778201.aspx ?
    It describes in detail how to deploy and use the XmlFormView control (using VS).
    Search for "Getting a Value from the Web Page to the Form" in that article and that should get you going.

Also worth checking out:http://blogs.msdn.com/infopath/archive/2006/10/21/hosting-infopath-forms-in-a-custom-aspx-page.aspx
    David Airapetyan / Software Services Architect
    Qdabra® Software / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
  • 02-12-2007 02:45 AM In reply to

Hello David,

i checked both articels before I post my question here. In detail the articels did not match on my requierments. At the end I want to implement my form on a page like "success.aspx" in the _layouts folder. This have various of reasons. One is I can run inline-code for getting the closing event to redirect, another is, that forms and a interactivity with the user is managed in sharepoint by this page layout and so on...
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.