Fields line up perfectly within InfoPath Preview, but look terrible on the published SharePoint form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Fields line up perfectly within InfoPath Preview, but look terrible on the published SharePoint form

Last post 09-28-2022 06:12 AM by TrayH. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-28-2022 06:11 AM

• TrayH
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-21-2022
    • Posts 3

Fields line up perfectly within InfoPath Preview, but look terrible on the published SharePoint form

I started a new position about a month ago, and one of the things I've inherited is a bunch of InfoPath forms being used in our SharePoint Online environment. I have a lot of experience on the SharePoint side, but very little with InfoPath. I got a recent request to add some additional fields to an existing form. I've got them added, verified font size/alignment matches the other fields. The form looks great when I look at the preview in InfoPath. However, after publishing to SharePoint the fields do not line up at all. Please see attached image showing the fields not lining up on the form within SharePoint. I'm hoping there is an easy fix for this. Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • 09-28-2022 06:12 AM In reply to

• TrayH
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-21-2022
    • Posts 3

Re: Fields line up perfectly within InfoPath Preview, but look terrible on the published SharePoint form

Here is what the same fields look like on the preview
  • 09-28-2022 09:05 AM In reply to

Re: Fields line up perfectly within InfoPath Preview, but look terrible on the published SharePoint form

Oh, how frustrating. Sometimes I've had luck with selecting the entire table and applying the format I want to it - on the ribbon, this would be under Table Tools > Layout. Unfortunately the only way to see if this has worked is to publish the form and check in the browser. Occasionally, I've had to address this in the view file. An InfoPath form is made up of a number of files - under the Publish menu, you'll find the option to export as source files. You can then modify the view XSL, and sometimes I've had to do that to make a layout table behave. But hopefully just applying format to the entire table will fix the issue :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.