GetUserProfileByName Error - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

GetUserProfileByName Error

Last post 09-21-2022 08:37 AM by dapklp. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-19-2022 09:12 AM

GetUserProfileByName Error

I'm converting an old old Infopath form (Archived) so that we can still view the data if needed. On my finishedLoading rules, I set "AccountName" to "substring-after(userName(), "0#.w|")" then I set "Command" to "concat("GetUserProfileByName /properties=WorkPhone;Title /source=siteusers /user=", userName())" These are the same 2 conditions I use in all of my current forms - the difference here is that I only use one People-Picker for the initial load (see rules above) and for the Requestor's Manager and the Associate's Manager , if not the same person. In my current forms, I have more than one people picker and on the Manager People Picker (for instance), I set a rule for myFields > queryFields > s0:GetUserProfileByName to CONDITION: None - Rule runs when field changes and ACTION: Set "Command" = "concat("GetUserProfileByName /properties=WorkPhone;Title /dsname=GetUserProfileByName /source=siteusers /user=", .)" then set PreferredName, UserName,etc. So I placed this rule on the only "AccountName" field I have and I receive this error message: Query Failed - An error occurred querying the data connection GetUserProfileByName. Details: The request failed with status 401 "OK" Not sure what I need to do differently. I really don't need the people pickers for Requestor's Manager and Associate's Manager to work for future occurrences of this form: I just want to view the current data without errors. This is not a Web form and I need to use Internet Explorer because other browsers produce the error stating I must use Microsoft InfoPath to view the form. As we all know - IE is on its last leg. I was hoping I could convert the form just enough to be viewable in FV as an archive library. Any suggestions? DAP
  • 09-21-2022 07:42 AM In reply to

Re: GetUserProfileByName Error

Hi - It sort of sounds like you are not opening the form in FormsViewer, based on your description of using IE? Have you set up the library to open the form with your FormsViewer template? I'm a little uncertain about where you have placed your rule - perhaps you could email me your form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-21-2022 08:37 AM In reply to

Re: GetUserProfileByName Error

I sent Hilary a copy of my form and she noticed that the GetUserProfileByName was set to "Data retrieved: Every time form is opened" - that was the issue. Thanks
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.