Return Item Name Instead of Value in another field - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Return Item Name Instead of Value in another field

Last post 05-16-2022 09:48 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-14-2022 04:24 PM

Return Item Name Instead of Value in another field

I have a multiple selection list box that is receiving data from a repeating table with preset default values. It looks somewhat like this.

[] Item 1
    [] Item 2
    [] Item 3

The values assigned to the selections are setup like this.

Item 1 = 5
    Item 2 = 5.00
    Item 3 = 5.000

What I'm trying to accomplish is when this data gets published to the document library, in a separate field I would like the text to be returned of the items selected, but instead what I'm getting is the values returned. So I'm seeing the data like this

Separate Field: 5; 5.00; 5.000 and would I would like to see is Separate Field: Item 1; Item 2; Item 3

I'm using the following formula eval(eval(Field, 'concat(., " ", " ; ")'), "..")

I have seen this formula work in another form created by someone else, but I cannot for seem to replicate how it's setup. eval(eval(ListItem[Value = Field]/Display, 'concat(., " ", " ; ")'), "..")

The issue I seem to be having is implementing this ListItem[Value = Field]/Display. I mean it makes sense to what it's pointing to on the repeated table items but I can't seem to identify how to set that up.
  • 05-16-2022 09:38 AM In reply to

Re: Return Item Name Instead of Value in another field

One issue I have had with multiple selects is that a calculated default relying on them won't always update correctly. In this sample, I've added a button to set a field's value with another field from the secondary data source - right click the linked file, save locally. Right click the saved file, and select Design. From there you should be able to preview and take a look at it. I'd suggest you use a rule on your submit rules to set the value for your separate field.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-16-2022 09:46 AM In reply to

You're amazing as always Hilary, this is a perfect solution to what I was trying to accomplish.
  • 05-16-2022 09:48 AM In reply to

Wonderful, I'm happy I could help you. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.