Save doc attachment Infopath to document Library SharePoint - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Save doc attachment Infopath to document Library SharePoint

Last post 04-04-2022 02:08 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-30-2022 08:36 AM

Save doc attachment Infopath to document Library SharePoint

I would like to save an attachment contained in an Infopath form to a SharePoint document library. If possible, I would like to do this without code. I managed to perform these operations for images, with the web application "imaging.asmx" but I did not succeed for another type of document. Can you give me a solution? I saw that this was possible by watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPsvymiAleQ I have a SharePoint 2016 On premise Thank you in advance for your help
  • 03-31-2022 07:43 AM In reply to

Re: Save doc attachment Infopath to document Library SharePoint

Hi - that video uses qRules, which is a code DLL that can be added to InfoPath forms. Are you using on-prem or online SharePoint? If on-prem, qRules may still work for you and I can get you a trial build. If online, you might be interested in one of our other products that can do this called FormsViewer. However, saving attachments to a library is not possible with out of the box InfoPath functionality. It will require code or a third party tool.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-04-2022 08:10 AM In reply to

Hi, Thank for your replay. I have enough information. I have SharePoint 2016 OnPremise. but I don't want to add any particular adon given the end of infopath. This may be the subject of another discussion but which tool do you recommend to replace infopath? Have a good day Fabien
  • 04-04-2022 02:08 PM In reply to

I'm biased toward FormsViewer, of course, since that is our replacement product. It can be installed on-prem or online, and lets you continue to use your InfoPath forms. We are releasing a form designer too, which then removes any dependency on InfoPath. If you were on SharePoint Online, or planning a move to SharePoint Online, you could also consider Power Apps. Power Apps can connect to on-prem data, but I think the cost is pretty steep for licensing (at least they seem steep to me!).
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.