Rich Text Box doesn't work on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browsers; Text Box control can't wrap text - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Rich Text Box doesn't work on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browsers; Text Box control can't wrap text

Last post 03-31-2022 07:35 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-15-2022 02:17 AM

Rich Text Box doesn't work on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browsers; Text Box control can't wrap text

I used Rich Text Box controls for three fields in my InfoPath form: Material Number(s), Request Summary and Justification, Comments. The problem is that each time I tried to input something in these fields in browsers that are not IE, there was a prompt message said "Your browser does not support the InfoPath Rich Text Edit control. To permanently remove all rich text formatting and edit the content of this control in plain text format, click OK". However, nothing happened after I clicked OK. It is so weird because I've used this form for some time in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, such issue never showed up before. It just suddenly doesn't work. Is there any way to fix it? Also, I tried to replace Rich Text Box control with Text Box control, but Text Box control can't wrap text.....Is there any way to make Text Box control can wrap text? Thank you! Attached is my InfoPath file.
  • 03-15-2022 07:38 AM In reply to

Re: Rich Text Box doesn't work on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browsers; Text Box control can't wrap text

I think selecting the option to not display the ribbon is what broke these.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-15-2022 07:37 PM In reply to

Re: Rich Text Box doesn't work on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browsers; Text Box control can't wrap text

Hi Hilary, you are completely correct. I chose to not display the ribbon because i already have save and close button in my form and i didn't want to confuse my users. Now I have to keep the ribbon to make sure the Rich Text Box works...Thank you so much for the help!
  • 03-31-2022 12:23 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Is there anyway to not display the ribbon but the rich text box can still work? The ribbon makes my user confused...
  • 03-31-2022 07:35 AM In reply to

Not to my knowledge.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.