InfoPath Form: Query info from a DB - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath Form: Query info from a DB

Last post 12-06-2021 07:54 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-06-2021 05:51 AM

InfoPath Form: Query info from a DB

Hello! I have an infopath form that needs to query countries from an Oracle DB. I made the web connection using the 'Database MS SQL Server only' option in the wizard and selected what needs to be pulled from the DB but it seems to only work in preview mode. When I open the form in the browser, I get a msg saying that ' An error occurred querying a data source'. I noticed when I go in to edit the data connection it states "The selected DB connection saves passwords in a plain text file. Because plain text files are unencrypted and because the DB connection is available to anyone using your InfoPath form, this action is not recommended." Is that a problem? I also have the "Automatically retrieve data when form is opened" selected (check box at end of wizard), but it only allows the form to work in Preview mode (countries display) and not the browser (countries don't display). Could that be an issue as well? One more thing... when I do leave the "Automatically retrieve data when form is opened" selected, it prompts the same message for existing forms but when I uncheck the box and republish it, the existing forms and the original template used no longer prompts with the message "An error occurred querying a data source". Not sure what I'm doing wrong... help?
  • 12-06-2021 07:54 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath Form: Query info from a DB

Have your SharePoint admins check the ULS logs. It is likely that there is a setting that needs to be changed in Central Admin - there is a setting for allowing UDCX with stored credentials with browser forms: SharePoint Central Admin ->general application settings-> Configure InfoPath Forms Services. Check the box next to Allow embedded SQL authentication.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.