Auto populate contact info from another SP list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Auto populate contact info from another SP list

Last post 11-04-2021 07:38 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2021 03:52 AM

Auto populate contact info from another SP list

Hi Hilay

I'm trying to auto populate a "review" list with 3-4 fields of contacts info that are already stored in another contacts list.

The contacts list is quite large, about 2K records at the moment so I put in a button to query data from that list.
    Do I simply put the function on each of the contact fields (Name, Email, Phone) to the contact list (secondary list) and then filter where my customer reference numbers match, or is there another step needed as it's not populating after button click

Or is there a simpler way to do this?!
    I'm also getting the amount of data returned by data connection has exceeded the limit, so I need to get onto the admins about increasing I guess, or do I if there is a more efficient way to complete the same goal?

Thanks as always
  • 10-08-2021 07:51 AM In reply to

Re: Auto populate contact info from another SP list

Do you have the customer reference number prior to querying? If you do, and if the customer reference number is in the contacts list, you could use query fields to restrict the amount of data returned. https://wonderlaura.com/2011/08/01/infopath-query-specific-sharepoint-list-data/

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-11-2021 07:37 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary
    Yes I have it in both lists so will check this out
    Thanks!
  • 11-03-2021 10:18 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary
    I can't seem to get this to work for my text fields using a button.
    I have it working for choice fields as per the blog above and it works fine but not sure what I'm doing wrong

I have list A which is a master list of contacts (name, phone, email) per customer reference number,
    In List B the users upload the customer details including the customer reference into SharePoint from excel and then I want to see if that new case has contacts already stored in List A, if so then just populate the contact fields in List B with those details (name, phone, email).

So I dont think I can do this automatically as the upload is done in SharePoint directly, so on the InfoPath form then they could just hit a button to pull in the data because at that stage the customer reference exists?

In text fields you don't have the same options as choice fields to set values so assume you have to do all the actions in the button?
    So what are the actions - when button pressed Query List A for data, then set filed value Contact Name field to List A Contact name where List A Customer Ref = List B Customer Ref

What am I missing?!
    Thanks as always
  • 11-04-2021 07:38 AM In reply to

Right - if they are just pasting data into the list, then the form rules won't apply. But on open in your List B form you could check and see if there is a customer reference number and query for the List A data and populate your fields - just put the logic in the form load rules.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.