Signature lines reset and are disabled - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Signature lines reset and are disabled

Last post 06-28-2021 08:15 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-22-2021 01:23 AM

Signature lines reset and are disabled

Hi I am trying to use Signature Line control objects in an Infopath 2013 Filler Form. I have multiple views with a Repeating Section on each view. The signature line signs parts of the form. Each set of Signable data is a repeating section (with all the fields in them). I change the Signature Line to a Stamp and select the right Data to be signed. Now the problem is: When saving the template and opening it again some Signature lines are disabled. They return to there default state in the Template Design (Line instead of stamp and the first signable data is selected). When trying to use them in a .xml Infopath they show the message: "This signature line has been disabled. Recreate the signature line to use it for signing." I cannot find a correlation between which Lines are reset after reopening and after how many times the are reset, this seams random to me. Repairing or adding them again leads to the same issue. Anyone has any experience with Signatures resetting or choosing correct fields/ repeating groups to sign separately?
  • 06-22-2021 10:39 AM In reply to

Re: Signature lines reset and are disabled

Any chance I can see a copy of your form? You can attach it under the options tab in a reply.... I'm also going to try to repro this in a new, blank form, which is my usual approach when I find something behaving weirdly. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-23-2021 09:12 AM In reply to

Just FYI, I was not able to reproduce this issue in a test form.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-25-2021 03:27 AM In reply to

Hey Hilary, I can't disclose the Infopath because it contains sensitive data from my company. I am working on a version with the same functionality but without the company information in it. Does it matter that the signature line is outside the repeating section with all the fields that it is suppose to freeze/sign? I hope to be able to send you the non sensitive data version as soon as possible. Kind regards, Bart
  • 06-28-2021 08:15 AM In reply to

Here's the sample I tested with - perhaps you can see if the issue reproduces for you with this form. The signature lines are outside of the repeating data. Save the linked file locally, right click and select design.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.