Add SharePoint ID to Infopath Form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Add SharePoint ID to Infopath Form

Last post 05-13-2021 01:17 PM by Travis_H. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2021 12:15 PM

Add SharePoint ID to Infopath Form

Hi, I have a SharePoint list that I use an Infopath form. This is a intake form for users on my team to submit request from. In the set up of my Form, users will fill out the form, hit submit. The form will switch to a 'New Ticket' view that displays some of the fields that were entered on the original form. The 'New Ticket' view actually on an email submit, so the user gets a copy of this form via email. Here is my thing, they want me to add the 'ID' that is generated via SharePoint. How do I add that to the form. I tried just adding the ID field to the form, but nothing returns in that field.
  • 05-13-2021 12:55 PM In reply to

Re: Add SharePoint ID to Infopath Form

The ID field isn't populated until the first submit to the list. If you open an existing item, do you see data in that field?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-13-2021 12:58 PM In reply to

Yep... once submitted the ID is populated in SP.
  • 05-13-2021 01:04 PM In reply to

So - I think (I'm not sure) that when you submit a list form to SharePoint, the ID field gets populated at that time. Perhaps if you put the ID field on the form, and then make sure your list submit happens prior to your email submit, there will be data there? Worth a try, if you haven't tried it already....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-13-2021 01:17 PM In reply to

You're right... that worked!!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.