Display file name of the attachment or the attachment with its file name in the text field. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Display file name of the attachment or the attachment with its file name in the text field.

Last post 04-21-2021 09:24 AM by Evanz. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-19-2021 03:20 PM

• Evanz
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 78

Display file name of the attachment or the attachment with its file name in the text field.

Hi,

My InfoPath form has the file attachment. When I tried to attach a file to the main form and I wonder if there is a way to display the file name of the attachment OR this attachment with its file name on the text field to another form view, is it possible? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated! Thanks, :-)

• 04-21-2021 07:59 AM In reply to

Re: Display file name of the attachment or the attachment with its file name in the text field.

Not without code or third party tools like qRules / FormsViewer. InfoPath doesn't natively expose that information - it stores the attachment as base 64 in the XML for a library form, and when it displays the file name, it is reading it from that base 64.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-21-2021 08:08 AM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 78

Re: Display file name of the attachment or the attachment with its file name in the text field.

Hi Hilary,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. This is something new to me. I am just curious is it complicate if I use code to make it work? I am not sure how to get this code so I can try it out. Any resources for code I can find? Thanks, 

• 04-21-2021 08:36 AM In reply to

Are you using SharePoint online? Or on-prem? If online, forms with code can't be published as browser-enabled, just so you know. https://www.infopathdev.com/forums/t/15120.aspx has some sample code.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-21-2021 09:24 AM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 78

Hi Hilary, I am using SharePoint premise. Thank you for your prompt response. Not sure, if forms with code can be published as browser-enabled for SP premise. Thanks,

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.