Data Connection has exceeded Limit - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Data Connection has exceeded Limit

Last post 05-26-2021 11:47 PM by erzon. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-18-2021 05:22 PM

Data Connection has exceeded Limit

Hi Guys, I really need your help on this. I've created 5 site which each sites contains 4 different forms, and after few months of using an error pops-up saying "the amount of data that was returned by a data connection has exceeded the maximum limit that was configured by the server administrator". I tried un-checking the unnecessary field on the Data Connections and unclicking the 'Automatically retrieve data when form is open' still not working. the 4 forms I'm working on is: 1. Purchase Order Forms which has 3 dropdowns: - A dropdown that list of all of our Vendors (400+ data) - A currency converter (Which list out the currencies and their rates) - A category list (which shows the list of purchase types) 2. Payment Request Notice has only 1 dropdown: - A dropdown to the submitted Purchase Order forms which will automatically retrieve all data form the PO and filling up the PRN form. 3. Capital Expenditure Form works the same as PO but only has 2 dropdowns: - Vendor List - Currency Converter 4. CEAR Payment Request notice - works the same as PO PRN. Really need help on this. Thanks.
  • 04-19-2021 07:46 AM In reply to

Re: Data Connection has exceeded Limit

SharePoint Online? Or on-prem? It may be you could set some query fields to help with this, but I wouldn't expect a query to a list with 400 items to cause this....does another one of your data connections return a greater amount of data? You may want to narrow down which one causes the issue by setting all of them to not run on load, then temporarily put buttons on your form to execute each query....Or, if you are on-prem, your SharePoint admin could also check the ULS logs.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-19-2021 05:37 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Im currently using the Sharepoint Online and I read there that there's really nothing we can do unless to re-design the infopath form (for now im trying to find ways to not remove the dropdown as it is compulsory to the users). So initially, I thought the issue was because 'Automatically retrieve data when form is opened' for the User Information List because I needed the form to automatically populates the current's user name. The settings now is all 4 list for data connection is ticked to automatic retrieve data. I unticked the UIL but now the name wont auto populate, and if I untick the other list the drop-down wont work. The 'Form Load' only contains query for the User Information List but seems to not picking user names unless if i tick on the automatic retrieve data. Is putting all 4 forms in one subsite is making the form unusable? or does the 1500kb is limit per form only and has nothing to do with the sites? Thank you
  • 04-20-2021 07:33 AM In reply to

Can I see your form? You can attach it under the options tab in a reply. For the User Information List you should be able to use a query field - set to the value of the current userName() - I'll go figure out which query field to use for that - then run the query. Is the User Information List the only query that causes the error?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-20-2021 07:40 AM In reply to

For the User Information List, if you set the Account query field to the value from the userName() function in InfoPath, then run the query, you will get the data for the current user. Please note that userName() returns a different value in Filler vs. the published browser form - so you'll need to test in the browser.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-20-2021 05:48 PM In reply to

Hi, So I tried your method for the User Information List and it works! Thank you! I have attached my file here, So yesterday I tried creating a site just for the forms (5 companies = 5 parent site each site have 4 forms) and tried to submit the form it works! Because previously all of the forms are under 5 subsites with 1 subsite have 4 forms from a main parent site. Now what I'm doing is creating a parent site (which will have 5 separate sites) of each form system and trying to create a subsite for separate forms (1 subsite= 2 forms). My question is will this error would still occur even if i separate all the forms? Hope you understand my explanation :D
  • 04-21-2021 08:03 AM In reply to

No, I don't really understand, I'm sorry. Once you are using query fields on the User Information List, do you still get errors on exceeding the limit? Did you try to test to find out which data connection causes the issue?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-21-2021 08:15 AM In reply to

Unfortunately no, I've tried disabling all data connection and query those data. But even when all the data connections are disabled I'm still getting the error. I was confused because the other 3 of my forms works just fine with the same settings and rules. So now I'm creating a separate site for each form types. To make you understand easier. im currently planting all seeds(subsites) in one pot (site), so now im creating a different pot for each seed types since I don't know what else to do :'D
  • 05-26-2021 11:47 PM In reply to

• erzon
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-02-2019
    • Posts 28

This only happens if you have lots of items already in a SharePoint list and your query command is in your textbox refresh value. In order to solve this you can do 2 options. 1 Backup the list and remove some completed list already second remove all rules in auto-refresh in the field but instead convert it to rules.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.