Select All button for mulitselect listbox( datasource another list) - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Select All button for mulitselect listbox( datasource another list)

Last post 04-27-2021 07:51 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-14-2021 02:29 AM

Select All button for mulitselect listbox( datasource another list)

Hi All, I am using infopath 2013. I have 2 columns both mulitselect checkboxes. Column1 - Type ( data source list type) Column 2 - Category ( data source list Category) When the user selects multiple Type in column 1, I query the category list with that data and display the result( this works). Now I want either the displayed result in column2 pre selected , as its a checkbox( but from data source so setting it true doesnt work) Or I want a select all option where all the items in column 2 will be selected. I have tried rules and javascript nothing worked. With javascript it gets selected but once the function is over the check box restores its previous state and unchecks. I really appreciate any help or pointers in the right direction, maybe I am missing something. Thanks
  • 04-19-2021 08:06 AM In reply to

Re: Select All button for mulitselect listbox( datasource another list)

With multi-selects, selecting an option generally adds a new instance of a repeating field to the data. I don't think you'll be able to do this with JavaScript - you actually need to manipulate the data source.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-20-2021 12:46 AM In reply to

Thanks for the response. Can you please suggest me how I can do that ?
  • 04-22-2021 02:19 PM In reply to

If you are using a normal InfoPath form (i.e., not a list form) and are not using browser forms in SharePoint online, here's a sample:https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/aa339bf1-72e1-4efa-b1e4-403fb7785c96/how-to-select-all-items-in-multiselection-listbox-in-infopath-2010?forum=sharepointcustomizationprevious
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-23-2021 01:55 AM In reply to

Unfortunately I am using list form. Is there any way I can show these items selected by default? or maybe in a multiline box separated by comma?
  • 04-27-2021 07:51 AM In reply to

Not to my knowledge with an out of the box list form - you might want to check out FormsViewer (a product developed by Qdabra, the company I work for) - it has the ability to use rules to insert repeating items, so then you'd be able to have a "select all" button. If you just want to display all the secondary data available in a multi-line, you can do that with a double eval statement. https://johnliu.net/blog/2011/11/11/infopath-concat-sharepoint-list-with-the-eval-function-aka-v.html
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.