I have a choice field of different start times for a user to choose from, i need to make chosen time as read only - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

I have a choice field of different start times for a user to choose from, i need to make chosen time as read only

Last post 04-05-2021 04:31 PM by Wondra. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-05-2021 09:04 AM

• Wondra
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-23-2020
    • Posts 6

I have a choice field of different start times for a user to choose from, i need to make chosen time as read only

I am creating an infopath form and I have a choice field of different start times for a user to choose from. I want that chosen time to appear disabled if it has been chosen. I can't get the rue to work. Do you know how I can accomplish this? Example: 7:00 AM if 7:00 is chosen I want it to be unavailable (read only) to the next user 8:00 AM 9:00 AM Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
  • 04-05-2021 03:41 PM In reply to

Re: I have a choice field of different start times for a user to choose from, i need to make chosen time as read only

How will you know if someone else has selected the time? Does the form submit to a SharePoint Library, for example? If so - you could promote the "time" field and then query that library in order to know if it should be selectable. I don't know if you'll be able to make it appear disabled, but you may be able to prevent selection in other ways - I'd need to see your form in order to have a better guess. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-05-2021 04:31 PM In reply to

• Wondra
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-23-2020
    • Posts 6

Re: I have a choice field of different start times for a user to choose from, i need to make chosen time as read only

The form does submit to a sharepoint list. My "Start Time" column is a field within the list. I also created a separate list because i started with a lookup field in sharepoint. I wasn't successful with trying each way. So within the list my "Start Time" column can i make this condition work. Could the query work this way? my list a text field of times ex: 7:00, 8:00, 9:00 etc. If a user selects 7:00 i want that time to be reserved for the next user. so the user would choose a date from the "Date" column (2 dates) but i only have one list because the times are the same. i have files attached.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.