Need to see entire file attachment name - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Need to see entire file attachment name

Last post 03-31-2021 08:57 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-25-2021 09:46 AM

Need to see entire file attachment name

Using the File Attachment field, this is what I get in FV when I attach “ACE BUSINESS CONSULTING INC – Agr and Docs.pdf”:

But I’d like something closer to what is displayed in Preview:

Or at least I’d like to be able to display the entire filename in a separate field. I haven’t figured out how to get that information once the attachment has been made and I cannot make the field wider so it displays the entire file name.

Any ideas?

• 03-25-2021 09:54 AM In reply to

Re: Need to see entire file attachment name

Since you are using FormsViewer, you can use the GetAttachmentAttribute command: GetAttachmentAttribute /xpath=/my:myFields/my:FileAttachment /attr=Name will return the attachment name. So I'd just run that in a rule on the attachment field and then store the name in another field.....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-26-2021 03:37 AM In reply to

I used this command: GetAttachmentAttribute/xpath = /my:myFields/my:Sect_NotaryDetails/my:ATTACH_Notary /attr = Name

But, got this error:  "GetAttachmentAttribute/xpath" does not point to a valid location path of a field or group.

My rule on the attachment field is Set a field's value - None - Rule runs when field changes. I pulled the x-path from "Copy XPath" (/my:myFields/my:Sect_NotaryDetails/my:ATTACH_Notary)

• 03-29-2021 10:00 AM In reply to

You don't have a space between "GetAttachmentAttribute" and "/xpath". You need a space there.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-30-2021 09:19 AM In reply to

Same results with and without the space.

• 03-30-2021 09:27 AM In reply to

Feel free to attach your form under the options tab or email it to me and I'll take a look.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-31-2021 08:57 AM In reply to

Looks like there were a couple more issues w/ the command - we don't want spaces around the equals sign: GetAttachmentAttribute /xpath=/my:myFields/my:Sect_NotaryDetails/my:ATTACH_Notary /attr=Name
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.