XML file is not supported in Web Browser - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

XML file is not supported in Web Browser

Last post 03-16-2021 09:30 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-12-2021 04:32 PM

• Evanz
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 78

XML file is not supported in Web Browser

Hi, I am having an issue that my InfoPath form is set a data connection with retrieving data from external resources, which is XML file, but with this settings I couldn't get data when the form is opened in the Web browser. However, when I open the form in InfoPath filler and data was retrieved perfectly. I don't know why and how to fix this issue to make the form work properly in the Web browser. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,  

• 03-15-2021 08:27 AM In reply to

Re: XML file is not supported in Web Browser

You could include the XML file in the form as a resource file - that should be one of the options when you walk through the XML data connection, or you can find the resources under the data tab, add the file, then change the data connection to point to it. Or you can put the XML file somewhere anyone opening the form in the browser will have access - like in a document library - and change the connection to use the file in the library. If your XML data will change frequently, having it in a document library will be more convenient, since you won't have to re-publish the form any time data changes.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-15-2021 09:35 AM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 78

Thank you so much for your great advices as always. Let me try to upload the XML file to the document library and change the connection to use the file in the library. Hope data will be retrieved when the form is opened in the web browser. Thanks again, :-)

• 03-15-2021 04:24 PM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 78

Hi Hilary,

I tried to upload the XML file which included 3 metadata fields (Division, Section, Group) to the document library. But when I set a data connection to this document library that I was unable to pull data (Division, Section, Group) within the XML file from the document library. I don't think it would be retrieved data inside the XML file to populate data to the InfoPath form. Sorry, I am not sure I was doing correctly or missing anything? Thanks,  

• 03-15-2021 04:56 PM In reply to

You need to use the XML file URL for the data connection. So you connect directly to the XML file, not the library.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-16-2021 09:16 AM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 78

Sounds great. I got it. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated! :)

• 03-16-2021 09:30 AM In reply to

Perfect - glad you got it sorted out. :-)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.