Using the Current() function - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Using the Current() function

Last post 02-25-2021 07:49 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2021 09:33 AM

Using the Current() function

Hi, Im so sorry but I think I've been here before with this - Just cant seem to get this working? Please help! Repeating Table: Copying data down into next row - Where should the current() statement be used in the xpath shown below if the next row needs to be blank. Advanced xpath: xdXDocument:GetDOM("For Gasils Products List")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:Surface_x0020_Area[../d:Title = xdXDocument:get-DOM()/my:myFields/my:gRingDrier/my:gRingDrierQuality2/my:group67/my:cmbRingDrierDailyProductTarget] Unadvanced xpath: Surface_x0020_Area[Title = cmbRingDrierDailyProductTarget] Where does the current() go? Thanks in advance. Mike
  • 02-24-2021 09:39 AM In reply to

Re: Using the Current() function

What's the XPath to the repeating table?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-24-2021 11:30 AM In reply to

Hello Hilary, Sorry I don't quite understand your question? is it a question? "What's the XPath to the repeating table?" If asking, yes this is a repeating table - I have 2nd connection which populates txtbox - problem comes when I click to insert new line, it copies what's in the line above. I just thought somewhere in this string I would need the use of current() GetDOM("For Gasils Products List")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:Surface_x0020_Area[../d:Title = xdXDocument:get-DOM()/my:myFields/my:gRingDrier/my:gRingDrierQuality2/my:group67/my:cmbRingDrierDailyProductTarget] Mike
  • 02-24-2021 11:38 AM In reply to

It is a question. Can you attach a copy of your form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-24-2021 04:57 PM In reply to

My guess would be that group67 repeats? If so: xdXDocument:GetDOM("For Gasils Products List")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:Surface_x0020_Area[../d:Title = current()/../my:cmbRingDrierDailyProductTarget]
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-25-2021 01:45 AM In reply to

Hilary,

Sorry for my long time reply - I was so tired... I needed sleep. AND guess what, got up this morning and did exactly the same as I did yesterday and now it works.

xdXDocument:GetDOM("For Gasils Products List")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:Surface_x0020_Area[../d:Title = current()/../my:cmbRingDrierDailyProductTarget] 

Compare this line with what you wrote and you were spot on (as I would expect)

Sometime its best to just walk away for a while!. 

Thanks Hilary, as always, take care.

Mike 

• 02-25-2021 07:49 AM In reply to

Ah, glad you got it. :) Sometimes InfoPath helps us and adds current and sometimes it doesn't, and I don't really know why it is such a curmudgeon. Take care - H.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.