Sharepoint link not working always - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Sharepoint link not working always

Last post 02-02-2021 04:59 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2021 07:02 PM

Sharepoint link not working always

I have an InfoPath form with data link to SharePoint site. The form is designed to pull the User information such as Username, UserEmail, UserID and UserPhone from the SharePoint directory. 

But every so often, the form fails to grab the information from SharePoint. Is there anything that can be done to force a link connection or reattempt to get the form to attempt to connect and get the information or something to make sure that when those forms are submitted, those forms don't come in blank?

Likewise, it also sometimes fails to grab an email address from user entered field and send an email to that address. The email goes out, but with the To., field blank. Again, is there any coding or forcing that I can do to have the form to get the information from the field?

Thank you.

• 02-02-2021 08:23 AM In reply to

Re: Sharepoint link not working always

Oh, I don't know - I think I'd try to first figure out why I'm not always getting data. I suppose you could re-run the rules you are running to initially get the info if the fields are blank? You could make the email field required, so the form can't be submitted if the field is blank.... I'd be happy to take a look at your form if you attach it under the Options tab in a reply.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-02-2021 04:37 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply. Yes the email fields are mandatory, but the form sometimes fail to sent a "form Submitted" or "Thank you" email to that email address. My form is used currently in use in a production setting. Can I sent it directly to you, instead of in public forum?
  • 02-02-2021 04:48 PM In reply to

Yup - I just emailed you (to your forum email address) - you should be able to reply to that email with your form. I won't have a chance to take a look till sometime tomorrow. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-02-2021 04:52 PM In reply to

That'll be fine... while you were typing, I think meanwhile I sent you an email too :-) I haven't received yours in my forum email yet. Will watch for it. Thank you.
  • 02-02-2021 04:59 PM In reply to

You may want to try resending if you were using a gmail address. It looks like I managed to block all of gmail in my SPAM filter again. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.