Multiline text box or making a listbox read only - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Multiline text box or making a listbox read only

Last post 01-19-2021 02:09 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2021 10:36 AM

• saltmu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2020
    • Posts 9

Multiline text box or making a listbox read only

Hi, I need to present a multiline textbox with de data from a 2nd data source (a connection to sharepoint list). De data has multi records and it’s need to be read only. So user should not be able to select. I can use a listbox for multi lines but I can’t make it read only. I have also tried a computed field but it can display just the first record. I can use a rule to disable the listbox but then it will be hard to read because of the default format of disabled fields (greyed out). So, my question is, how can I show a multiline textbox as read only field? If this is not possible, how can I change the default layout of a disabled field, so that it will be beter to read and see? Any suggestions guru’s? Regards
  • 01-18-2021 07:41 AM In reply to

Re: Multiline text box or making a listbox read only

What is the list data type for the column? Multiple choice? Or multi-line text?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-18-2021 12:27 PM In reply to

• saltmu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2020
    • Posts 9

It supposed to be multi line text field but I could not acchive to create it. So I am using a multi chioce list and I have disabled it. Not ideal in my oppinion..
  • 01-18-2021 03:22 PM In reply to

Yeah, that is not great, is it? I just tried with multi-line data in a secondary data source, and it seems to disregard the "read only" setting on the control. I set up a multiple choice column and then in my form was able to bind that to a plain list control, and set the plain list control to read only, and that worked....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-18-2021 10:59 PM In reply to

• saltmu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2020
    • Posts 9

Oh, I tried that too but it didn’t worked either. Could you please explain how you did that? First you have created a plain text column on sharepoint side I guess? Then? Regards
  • 01-19-2021 09:24 AM In reply to

I'm confused. :) I thought you said you were using a multiple choice column in SharePoint? With a multiple choice, I just right clicked the repeating value node in the secondary data source and selected plain list (instead of bulleted list, etc) for my control. Then I set the control to read only.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-19-2021 10:25 AM In reply to

• saltmu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2020
    • Posts 9

Ok, I think I was not clear. I am trying to do it in infopath. That field, which should be a read only multiline field, is filled by a sds. And it depends on another dropdown list (cascading). So when I make a choice in first dropdown list, that field I am trying to make, will be populated and it has always multi lines. Regards
  • 01-19-2021 02:09 PM In reply to

Can you please attach a copy of your template under the options tab in a reply? Thanks!
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.