Problems having moved form to new Domain - SharePoint 2016 (on prem) - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Problems having moved form to new Domain - SharePoint 2016 (on prem)

Last post 02-02-2021 03:27 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2021 08:45 AM

Problems having moved form to new Domain - SharePoint 2016 (on prem)

Hi,

Our environment has gone through radical changes.  Our company has been sold and we have new domains/tenants/SharePoint Farms.

I have moved a form to the new farm, updated the data connections and re-published it is opening with correlation errors.

The error is

"You do not have permissions to access a SharePoint list that contains data required for this form to function correctly.

An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server.

Log ID:5566

Correlation ID:4945a09f-5161-1046-81ee-ac87ab886de1 "

I have looked at the event log for the server and there appear to be a couple of types of error

string6 urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:TechnicalRiskAssessmentForm:-myXSD-2015-07-27T14-23-08
     string7 DataAdapterException
     string8 Unable to connect to the remote server Unable to connect to the remote server

And

string6 urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:TechnicalRiskAssessmentForm:-myXSD-2015-07-27T14-23-08
     string7 DataAdapterException
     string8 The form cannot run the specified query. The list could not be found.

I have attached an extract from the ULS logs which contain that correlation id and the Form.

When we moved the data to the new SharePoint Farm, the version of the farm was identical, and we were able to move the whole DB so guids "SHOULD" have remained the same.
     I have been through the whole InfoPathform and changed the url to the new correct URL.  (I have tried to double check using the manifest and source files)

I am still getting the error, so I guess I have missed something.  How can I find which list/s I am getting the error on.

Thank you. 

Catharine

• 01-11-2021 08:57 AM In reply to

Re: Problems having moved form to new Domain - SharePoint 2016 (on prem)

I'm seeing errors for RiskAssessmentsRole and RiskAssessmentCountries. Search for GetMetadataForUrl in the attached log file and you'll see that the form is trying to access a relative URL like: /SAD/SAD/Lists/RiskAssessmentCountries. To me, it looks like the Site portion of the URL is duplicated. I'm guessing you don't have a site named SAD directly under another site named SAD?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-11-2021 09:41 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary - Happy New Year to you !!

Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction.

I have fixed the SAD/SAD error (duh sorry about that finger/eye error - you look at something numerous times and see what you expect to see.) Now I am only getting the  

"Unable to connect to the remote server Unable to connect to the remote server"  error (5* in the Windows Event logs)   

I have attached the new log. 

The ip addresses for the server look correct. The account I am using to run this is Farm admin/Site collection admin, (although the users who need to be able to run it are not). Any ideas ?4

Catharine 

• 01-12-2021 04:45 AM In reply to

I have done some more trawling... I think the issue is with GetUserInfo I have attached the udsx (with id and password removed.) Does this look right ? 

Catharine 

• 01-12-2021 10:18 AM In reply to

The UDCX looks right.

The logs are saying: Cannot find site lookup info for request Uri

Then: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

So - I guess I'd verify that URL for the GetUserInfo service is accessible from the SharePoint server. I.e., log onto the SharePoint Server and try to access QdabraWebServices, and make sure you can access GetUserInfo…. If you can, sign in as the account you are using in the stored creds for your UDCX.... 

Hilary Stoupa

• 01-27-2021 09:06 AM In reply to

I am still struggling to get this working... but have managed to move on. My latest errors are when trying to run the web service "GetUserProfileByName". When I run the form in preview from my pc it runs fine. When I run the form on the server I get "An error occurred while trying to connect to a Web service. An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server. Log ID:5566 Correlation ID:4a6fa59f-8109-1046-81ee-aba922a160db" Looking at the the logs, I have found the reference to GetUserProfileByName and "The custom code in the form cannot be run. This functionality may be deactivated on the server." (see below.) Do you know where on the server I can activate the functionality. Redirection for web service call to GetUserProfileByName found. Executing. b963a59f-d1ba-1046-81ee-a948c2deb55a System.Net.WebException: The custom code in the form cannot be run. This functionality may be deactivated on the server. For more information, contact the server farm administrator. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.UserProfileWebServiceRedirectionBase.LoadProfileData(UserProfile userProfile) at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.UserProfileWebServiceRedirectionBase.GetUserProfileByNameInternal(String userName) at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.GetUserProfileByNameWebServiceRedirection.Execute() at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.WebServiceHelper.HandleInternalWebService(SPSite site, Uri destination, String name, X... b963a59f-d1ba-1046-81ee-a948c2deb55a Thank you Catharine
  • 01-27-2021 10:43 AM In reply to

Usually for a 5566 in the browser I've taken one of the approaches outlined here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/troubleshoot/windows-server/networking/accessing-server-locally-with-fqdn-cname-alias-denied

Since I'm normally on a DEV server, I just disable loopback check - and that may be your fastest way to check the GetUserProfileByName issue.

In terms of the custom code message - that may be something else, related to qRules. But I'd start with getting the GetUserProfileByName query working.... 

Hilary Stoupa

• 01-29-2021 07:09 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, I have asked the person looking after our server to have a look at the document, he says he has checked the registry and the loopback and they are both set up as documented in the link. This is a 2019 server. I am still getting the issue. I have attached the log for the correlation error I am getting. The exceptions start on 411.... Does this give you any other ideas ? Catharine
  • 01-29-2021 07:34 AM In reply to

I'll take a look at the logs - but I would also create a new, blank form. Add a data connection to the user profile service. Don't run the connection on load. Add the data source query and data fields to your form view, and add a button that runs the query. I usually also throw a text box on the form with the default set to the userName() function - to make it easy to copy / paste into the query field for the secondary data source. Publish to a new library as a browser form. Open the form in the browser, set the query field to your user name and execute the query. What happens? I'm guessing you'll still get an error - but this at least gives you a very simple sample to test with.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-29-2021 09:13 AM In reply to

SharePoint is 2016, right? The 2019 reference is to the server OS? I found this:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/f44eec81-a73f-4f9d-ac45-1952acf71751/an-error-occurred-querying-a-data-source-infopath-getuserprofilebyname-error?forum=SP2016

And there is a post that suggests this issue is fixed with a patch. Is SharePoint fully patched? 

Hilary Stoupa

• 02-02-2021 10:32 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, I have created a test form with GetUser... etc. It is not an admin deployed form- but it works fine. I have disabled all of the rules on the Finishedloading of QdabraRules. And added a new page on the form to run the GetUser.... manually for testing. That worked fine. I have now tried to re-enable the rules on Finished loading and I get a different correlation error - attached. I don't know what I have done to completely break it. Catharine
  • 02-02-2021 10:41 AM In reply to

I'll take a look at the log file. Here's a form with custom code - you can try publishing this as admin approved and see if you have any issues with it. When you publish, it will whine about the location of the source code - you should be able to just click Ignore on that and finish publishing. The code just sets a field's value if I recall correctly.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-02-2021 10:43 AM In reply to

I should add - it doesn't look like you are using any of the commands that require the admin qRules DLL? You may also want to try the sandbox version and just publish directly to a test library instead of admin approving....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-02-2021 03:27 PM In reply to

So - looking at your error log, it looks like there is something wrong with the deployed form - it claims it can't find a file, and I'm assuming the file it can't find is the qRules DLL. In the past, I've deactivated, uninstalled, reinstalled, and reactivated templates that are having trouble finding their qRules DLL - the message was different (last time I saw this was on a SharePoint 2013 machine), but the root cause may be the same. I don't have a 2016 server to test your form on, I'm afraid. We mainly use SharePoint online with FormsViewer instead of using InfoPath Forms Services....
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.