Hide Section Formatting based on Check Boxes - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Hide Section Formatting based on Check Boxes

Last post 10-26-2020 02:26 PM by Travis_H. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-21-2020 12:29 PM

Hide Section Formatting based on Check Boxes

Hi, I have a SharePoint list that is connected to InfoPath. Here is what my dilemma/question.... I have a check box that has 3 choices [Yes,No,Other]. I have a text box in an infopath 'Section'. I only want that text box section to show if the 'Other' checkbox in ticked. Keep in mind that there can be mulitple choices. While setting the rule in infopath, I tried --if the check box field <> 'Other' then Hide Section. That doesn't work. Any suggestions? Or... is there a way to use a text box field as a calculated field in infopath, that returns each choice that is ticked?
  • 10-21-2020 04:11 PM In reply to

Re: Hide Section Formatting based on Check Boxes

So - the field is a repeating field and the control is a multi-select? Or there are three check boxes, each bound to its own field? Feel free to attach a copy of your form under the Options tab in a reply if that would be easier than explaining :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-22-2020 06:22 AM In reply to

GM! I appreciate you helping me out with this. I work in the banking industry, so unfortunately with their rules I can't attach the form that I'm using. To answer your question though, it is a multi-select checkbox that is generated via SharePoint.
  • 10-22-2020 07:26 AM In reply to

You'll want to show the fields task pane in advanced mode. The field will have a value attribute that is repeating. Your rule will need to be that all instances of that repeating field are not = Other. I'll see if I can put together a sample for you later today.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-22-2020 07:36 AM In reply to

That would be great. I am attaching a side by side (SharePoint & Infopath) to give a general idea of what's going on.
  • 10-22-2020 05:24 PM In reply to

Sample attached - there are some screenshots and additional info in there. Save the linked file locally, then right click the saved file and select Design to open in design mode. From there you can preview.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-26-2020 02:26 PM In reply to

This worked perfectly Hilary. Thank you once again!
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.