Retrieve Multiple Selection values from SharePoint list to Infopath Mulitple selection listbox - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Retrieve Multiple Selection values from SharePoint list to Infopath Mulitple selection listbox

Last post 10-26-2020 02:02 PM by tony.luu1. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-20-2020 04:23 PM

Retrieve Multiple Selection values from SharePoint list to Infopath Mulitple selection listbox

Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone can help me! I have a SharePoint list (List A) with multiple selection field, and an InfoPath 2013 form. Trying to retrieve the multiple selection values from List A, into a multiple selection listbox in InfoPath 2013. is this possible? All its doing right now is pulling all the selected values, but all into one line.

• 10-20-2020 04:31 PM In reply to

Re: Retrieve Multiple Selection values from SharePoint list to Infopath Mulitple selection listbox

Your screenshot doesn't show, unfortunately, but based on your description, this is not possible without code or third party tools. The issue is that we can't add repeating items (groups, fields) with rules in InfoPath. So we don't have any way to copy repeating data from one data source to another out of the box.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-21-2020 08:18 AM In reply to

Re: Retrieve Multiple Selection values from SharePoint list to Infopath Mulitple selection listbox

Hi Hilary, Thank you for your response! What would be the best option to retrieve the data so that its filterable after when its pulled into infopath? Thanks
  • 10-21-2020 09:10 AM In reply to

This depends on what you will be filtering on. So - if you are going to use equivalence, you can not query on load, and query on the change of the field that you are filtering with. Here's a simple example: You have a list with data that has a "State" column, and the values are WA, OR, ID, CA, etc. In your form, there is a field where the user selects a state. On that field, you'd add a rule to set the query field for your list secondary data source to the current field value (i.e., WA, ID, OR, CA, etc.) and then you'd run the list query. All the data returned from the list will match on State. If you don't have equivalence for your filtering - you need something more complex like State equals OR or State equals WA, then you simply have to query for all the data and use conditional formatting to determine what to display. If you are using on-prem SharePoint, you may be able to use the OData services for this as well, but SharePoint Online doesn't let us query SharePoint web services from InfoPath out of the box.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-26-2020 02:02 PM In reply to

Great thank you Hilary, I guess I'll have to put some thought into it and see what direction the clients want to go. Thanks again!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.