Infopath cascaded dropdown second rest call giving "A Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service error occurred while processing your request" error - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath cascaded dropdown second rest call giving "A Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service error occurred while processing your request" error

Last post 09-30-2020 11:19 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-24-2020 07:09 AM

Infopath cascaded dropdown second rest call giving "A Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service error occurred while processing your request" error

Hi, Issue - Infopath cascaded dropdown second rest call giving "A Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service error occurred while processing your request" error. My InfoPath form has two dropdowns - Dropdown1 for Company and Dropdown2 for Vendor. This is a cascaded dropdown functionality. Selected value from dropdown1 is used to Change the Rest URL call for second dropdown data connection (adding the filter in Rest web service URL with selected dropdown1 value) and then Query using a data connection is run again to populate dropdown2 values. Form behavior - data is loaded fine on form load in dropdown1, when a value is selected in dropdown1, it shows sending data to the server but nothing happens and dropdown1 resets. If the dropdown value1 is selected again, then following error shows up - Critical Error A Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service error occurred while processing your request. For more information, contact your server farm administrator. Click Start over to load a new copy of the form. If this error persists, contact the support team for the Web site. Click Close to exit this message. HIDE ERROR DETAILS Correlation ID:06297d9f-639f-d040-3ad4-f9c62d28c091 I have checked the logs and following are the logs > StateSqlSession.GetItemBytesInternal() Locked row in database for key f95abbaefd7843f0b125e698349cce04_9c7c2e6f5d7a4fd68b49163ce5e7609d for 3 seconds (lockCookie: 2) > StateManager.GetState() Locked data (9c7c2e6f-5d7a-4fd6-8b49-163ce5e7609d) > MOSS StateService threw an exception: A Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service error occurred while processing your request. For more information, contact your server farm administrator. The data connection for these two dropdowns is stored in the Site's Data connection library pointing to the same list. Data connection files have authentication credentials and In Central Admin, setting is allowed to get credentials from UDCX files. Account used for authentication has read access to the site but I have tried with full control This form has been upgraded from SharePoint 2010 environment to SharePoint 2016 environment. Rest Web service are in the _vti_bin/listdata.svc/listName format. but I have tried with updating rest web service URLs to _api/web/lists/GetByTitle('Listname'), same error appears. Please help if anyone had a similar scenario.. Thanks, Swati
  • 09-29-2020 07:55 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath cascaded dropdown second rest call giving "A Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service error occurred while processing your request" error

Is there a complex filter here that requires you to use REST instead of a normal list connection with query fields? Have you verified anon access is disabled for SharePoint in IIS as per the replies here: https://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/39193/123489.aspx#123489
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-30-2020 11:11 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath cascaded dropdown second rest call giving "A Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service error occurred while processing your request" error

This is a huge form and it has been previously designed with Rest calls. When dropdown value is changed, Using the Change the Rest URL functionality - Second dropdown Rest URL is changed to something like this - concat(URL, Listname?, "$filter=(Company_Value%20eq%20'", ., "') and (EnvironmentValue%20eq%20'", txtEnvironment, "')&$select=Vendor_Type_Name,Vendor_Type_Value&$orderby=Vendor_Type_Name") and Data connection is queried again... Form has more than 400 fields and with multiple rules on each field.. If I had to change the data connections to normal list data connections, it will become a huge risk. I did try with disabling the anonymous access for the SharePoint web application in IIS, but it did not resolve the issue.
  • 09-30-2020 11:19 AM In reply to

Sorry - I don't have a SharePoint on-prem 2016 install to test with. Hopefully someone else will have run into this before....
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.