Repeating Table Problem - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating Table Problem

Last post 09-16-2020 11:07 AM by Patrick L. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-16-2020 09:42 AM

Repeating Table Problem

I have a problem with my repeating table not working when published.

Some of the fields in the repeating table is set to copy the row above with ../preceding-sibling::my:group2[1]/my:CourseName etc. and it works fine in form view. Every time I add a new line it copies the line from above. Also, if I change a value in the new row, the next row copies it. Works like a charm!

When I publish the form and enters a value in CourseName (ex: Pottery 101) and move to the next field in the table, course name clears itself. Same thing with all the other fields that use ../preceding-sibling.

Did I forget to check a box somewhere, or is this one of my mysterious Win 10 problems? https://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/39573/121339.aspx

Any insight is appreciated - Thx!
  • 09-16-2020 09:48 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating Table Problem

Are you using the form in Filler or the browser? If you want to attach a copy to a reply, I'd be happy to take a look at it....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-16-2020 10:11 AM In reply to

Thx Hilary,

A stripped down form is attached. The only field that does not have preceding-sibling is the Start Date

It works fine in the filler but not after it's published to SP Online version 16.
  • 09-16-2020 10:29 AM In reply to

Same for me. I moved your formula - off the field and onto the repeating group (see attached, save locally, right click, select design - rule is now on the repeating group) and republished, and now I think it works as anticipated?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-16-2020 11:07 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating Table Problem

Works great!!! Thank you!!!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.