Display SP List data using InfoPath WebPart - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Display SP List data using InfoPath WebPart

Last post 09-15-2020 08:10 AM by Froman. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-02-2020 12:22 PM

Display SP List data using InfoPath WebPart

I'm thinking of using the Infopath Webpart to display some data (counts, totals, etc.) from another Sharepoint List. If I add this other list as a secondary data connection, then put it in a repeating table, I should be able to use calculated value fields to get some totals and counts correct? or do I even need the repeating table? I'm not a fan of the grouped totals list view in share point is why I'm going this. Thanks
  • 09-04-2020 09:49 AM In reply to

Re: Display SP List data using InfoPath WebPart

Well - the data will come back as repeating from the list, but if you are just aggregating it, you can probably use calculated values to display it. Remember - InfoPath has a bug in browser forms where it thinks you have incorrectly bound the calculated value even when using aggregate functions, but the error shouldn't block you from publishing or the form from working in the browser. The only issue I've run into with that error is InfoPath not switching to a print view for print preview - more here: https://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/hilary/archive/2012/01/19/ipfs-design-checker-errors-amp-print-preview.aspx

Hilary Stoupa

• 09-09-2020 12:30 PM In reply to

Thanks, I thought it would be possible. I've run into those errors on another form, hasn't been an issue so far. I'm having a problem get a function to work and I'm not sure if it's me being stupid, or I'm asking it to do something it can't. I've set up a repeating table that shows "Field Office" which itself is a lookup, so I had to add a connection to get the value rather than the ID. Next I've got the preceding sibling in there to only show "field office" once. But I am blanking on how to get a sum per field office. Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong here? thanks
  • 09-09-2020 12:55 PM In reply to

Maybe try: sum(../d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:Total_x0020_Contract_x0020_Value[../d:FieldOffice = current()])
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-09-2020 01:20 PM In reply to

No, that didn't work. But that's more what I thought the formula should look like. Because field unit is a lookup field and is returning the ID number I need to incorporate that into this formula somehow correct?
  • 09-09-2020 04:49 PM In reply to

I wouldn't think so - if you are just summing by Field Office from the same data source. I'd probably drag the data fields from the data connection onto the form and take a look at the raw data to get a better idea of how to group it.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-10-2020 12:08 PM In reply to

not sure how I managed it, but I finally made it work; sum(xdXDocument:GetDOM("The Procurement Trail")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW[d:FieldOffice = current()/d:FieldOffice]/d:Total_x0020_Contract_x0020_Value). now i've got to add some more filters for fiscal year, looks even crazier with that in there :) Thanks for your help, without the formula you posted I don't think I would have gotten it.
  • 09-14-2020 11:58 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, I've ran into another issue with this and I'm not sure what i've done wrong. My filters work as intended but it takes forever to load (lots of data in the list I'm grabbing information from. So I added a button to set the fields value to match a pattern, then query the list. But for some reason the query is still grabbing everything. are you able to see what's wrong with the query rule on the button? Thanks
  • 09-14-2020 02:39 PM In reply to

Put the query and data fields from the list on the form so you can see that the Contract Number query field is being set correctly. However, given that you are trying to match on a pattern, I'd guess the query field will only be set to the first match - query fields are only for equivalence, and for a single value. You may need to add a helper field to your list that you can use.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-15-2020 08:10 AM In reply to

ahhh, thanks, I forgot the query had to be an equivalence. I was debating a helper field on this one anyways, So I would do something like, if contract number matches pattern drop a value into the FY helper field, then query that. I wish they would have taken my advice and just had a fill-in fiscal year field. I think I'll push for that now anyways. Thanks again, you're a lifesaver!!
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.