How do I present options to a user on an InfoPath form based on an an XML file and write the responses to a SharePoint list? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How do I present options to a user on an InfoPath form based on an an XML file and write the responses to a SharePoint list?

Last post 08-20-2020 08:28 AM by asotta2881. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-17-2020 01:36 PM

How do I present options to a user on an InfoPath form based on an an XML file and write the responses to a SharePoint list?

I've got what appears to be a tricky set up. Each user may have access to one of several vendors: Table: User ID | Vendor ID1 | Vendor A ID1 | Vendor B ID2 | Vendor A ID2 | Vendor C And each vendor has different sets of information that are required (yes/no questions 1-6): Table: Vendor | Question Vendor A | Question 1 Vendor A | Question 2 Vendor A | Question 3 Vendor A | Question 4 Vendor B | Question 4 Vendor B | Question 5 Vendor C | Question 6 In the form, I'm attempting to use XML to present only the relevant questions to a user, based on their vendor access: ID1 would see a form: Question 1: Vendor A Question 2: Vendor A Question 3: Vendor A Question 4: Vendor A; Vendor B Question 5: Vendor B ID2 would see a form: Question 1: Vendor A Question 2: Vendor A Question 3: Vendor A Question 4: Vendor A Question 6: Vendor C I've been successful in the above, but once XML is loaded and conditional formatting for userName() and each question on a repeating table against the XML, I'm hitting a snag where I can't seem to get the data to write to a target SharePoint list. Sorry, I should note that I'm attempting to get each response logged as a separate SP item. Each answer requires additional tracking that will be done separately.
  • 08-18-2020 08:17 AM In reply to

Re: How do I present options to a user on an InfoPath form based on an an XML file and write the responses to a SharePoint list?

The only out of the box way to write data from a form to a SharePoint list is to use a list form. If you want to use a library form, you can use code or CAML (if you aren't using SharePoint Online) or third-party options like qRules or FormsViewer.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-20-2020 08:28 AM In reply to

Re: How do I present options to a user on an InfoPath form based on an an XML file and write the responses to a SharePoint list?

Hi again, and thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately my firm limits use of third party solutions unless they go through a lengthy onboarding process (I have a deadline today!). Based on what I've read, I need to leverage a no-code method of loading a repeating table in my main connection from a secondary data source... (CAML?) I'm a bit uninitiated in that area (amateur XML skills).
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.