Sending an automated email from an InfoPath form that is not a copy of the filled-in form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Sending an automated email from an InfoPath form that is not a copy of the filled-in form

Last post 08-17-2020 08:53 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2020 10:31 AM

Sending an automated email from an InfoPath form that is not a copy of the filled-in form

Hi, I've done some research and have not seen the question asked so far. I'm trying to come up with a way to automate an email that includes specific wording as a template but also adds information from 1 field in the existing form. It seems the only way to send a email is to include a copy of the form and normally that works but not in this instance. Any ideas? I don't have Designer myself but wanted to see if anyone has done this or has an idea. Thanks.
  • 08-17-2020 08:53 AM In reply to

Re: Sending an automated email from an InfoPath form that is not a copy of the filled-in form

Is this a browser form, or a filler form? If it is a browser form, you can simply create a new view for the email and switch to that view prior to sending the email. Use a concat statement and a calculated value to include the field value in the text. In your email connection, you'll select the option to send the current view of the form. If it is a filler form, you can't switch views prior to sending the email - you'll end up sending a blank email - but you can use sections and formatting and a helper field to achieve a similar result - sample attached. Save the attached file locally, right click and select design to open in design mode.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.