Text box not displaying all the text. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Text box not displaying all the text.

Last post 08-12-2020 02:28 AM by DavidHolmes. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-06-2020 04:02 AM

Text box not displaying all the text.

Hi I have a form which includes a text box and field type is , as detailed in InfoPath is "NotePlainType" and within SharePoint online it is detailed as "Multiple Lines of text". The a new submission of the form does appear to capture the data but when you either open or edit the item from the SharePoint list the text is no wrapping within the text box. Any ideas as to what I have done wrong. When I have created forms from scratch I have used the field type "Rich Text" but I believe think I read within the forum that this data type should be avoided. Any help much apricated.
  • 08-06-2020 09:15 AM In reply to

Re: Text box not displaying all the text.

I have attempted to add a rule to copy the data field to another data field which is richtext but is not displayed on the form and on submit copy the text back from the rich text field to the field detailed as "NotePlaintype" . This has not been successful :-( I've read some posts about amended some CSS files but I am unclear as to where they are stored.
  • 08-06-2020 06:34 PM In reply to

So - is this issue only in modern browsers, like Edge & Chrome? Are you using On-Prem SharePoint or Office 365?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-07-2020 12:42 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary , seeing this issue on Windows 10 running Microsoft Edge as the browser. The SharePoint is running as part of our organisations Office 365 subscription. Sadly I don't have any options to test with other browsers. I have seen further comments else where in the forum about updating CSS files , see https://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/30636/119922.aspx#119922 but I am unclear where these CSS files are stored
  • 08-11-2020 08:17 AM In reply to

With Office 365, this work around is not an option - we don't have access to the server files, I'm afraid.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-12-2020 02:28 AM In reply to

Hilary, thanks for taking the time to respond. Looks like I may need to revert to a XML form library rather than a standard list. This will then overcome my other problem where the default option for a list is to view the item whereas in a XML form library it opens the form.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.