InfoPath cannot open the following file - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath cannot open the following file

Last post 07-20-2020 03:55 PM by Evanz. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-20-2020 09:54 AM

• Evanz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 31

InfoPath cannot open the following file

Hi, I am trying to publish an InfoPath form library from my desktop to SharePoint site. When I filled out information on the form and submitted the form. At that time I was able to open it, but later on I tried to open the same form again, then I got error message that I could not open the file, see the attached screen shot.

I was not sure what I was doing wrong why I kept getting this problem to open the file that file's path was changing from "Xml" to "Manifest.xsf". I wonder is there something wrong related to publishing the form from my desktop to SharePoint site? Or should I upload the form template to SharePoint site and then publish it from there? Any advice to avoid this problem is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your help!

• 07-20-2020 10:09 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath cannot open the following file

So - you published the form to the library, then opened the form from the library, filled out and submitted the XML, and then when you try to open the XML again, you get this message? If you submitted from Preview, I'd expect this. You may want to check the Relink view in your library (make sure it is in classic mode - not sure what version of SharePoint you are using) and see if all the XML are linked to the manifest location, or if any are linked to the published location. You may also want to open InfoPath Filler and under the New menu, find your template and either remove it or update it (right click on the template).
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-20-2020 10:36 AM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 31

see my responses in bold. 

So - you published the form to the library, then opened the form from the library, filled out and submitted the XML, and then when you try to open the XML again, you get this message? Yes

You may want to check the Relink view in your library (make sure it is in classic mode - not sure what version of SharePoint you are using- SharePoint 2013 version) and see if all the XML are linked to the manifest location, or if any are linked to the published location. Sorry, I don't know how or where to look for the manifest location and the published location.

You may also want to open InfoPath Filler and under the New menu, find your template and either remove it or update it (right click on the template). You mean open the form by selecting Design, then look for the New menu? I can't find it and don't how to remove or update it. see the screenshot.

• 07-20-2020 11:21 AM In reply to

In your library, under the library views, can you find the "Relink" view? If you switch to that, you'll see the template location column. As to removing the template from the cache, I actually mean open InfoPath Filler and under the New menu, find your template and either remove or update it.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-20-2020 02:54 PM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 31

Hi, Thank you for providing detail instruction. I got what you meant. :-) It's very helpful. What happened next if you either remove or update my template? Should I be able to fix the form linked to the manifest.xsf? What should I do to avoid linking to the manifest location? Thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated! :)

• 07-20-2020 03:08 PM In reply to

To relink, you should be able to select the file with the incorrect Template URL in the list in the relink view, and then select the option to relink the form. Honestly, not sure how you are ending up with these unless 1) You are submitting from preview or 2) you have a non-published version of the form in your InfoPath cache, in which case, refer to my screenshot and instructions above to remove the template from your cache and then open from the published location.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-20-2020 03:55 PM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 31

Thank you so much for your instructions! I will try it out again. Thanks again. :-)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.