Custom Check Boxes in InfoPath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Custom Check Boxes in InfoPath

Last post 07-16-2020 11:24 AM by Evanz. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-15-2020 12:49 PM

• Evanz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 31

Custom Check Boxes in InfoPath

Hi, I am trying to create check boxes with multiple selections in InfoPath form but I am unable to move/rearrange check boxes around inside the field. I wonder is it possible to do this, see attached for details? Thanks so much for your help. Much appreciated.

• 07-16-2020 08:43 AM In reply to

Re: Custom Check Boxes in InfoPath

So - do you mean change the order of the options in the list box? What provides the data for your multiselect? Is it something that has been hard coded? Or a secondary data source? Is this a list form or a library form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-16-2020 10:26 AM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 31

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response. I am using check boxes with multiple selections in a form library. I wonder if I can move around checkboxes inside on field like the attached design in a two-column, it would be great so that I don't have to create more than one field for each checkbox instead of creating all checkboxes in one field.

In addition, how do I populate the multiple selected checkboxes from InfoPath form to SharePoint form library? I mean I want each selected checkboxes appearing on SharePoint column. Thanks so much for your help.

• 07-16-2020 10:55 AM In reply to

So - you may want to use individual fields instead of a list box / multi-select to achieve your desired layout. If you use a multi-select, you end up with a repeating field with all the values - you can promote that as merged, when you publish the form - when you promote a repeating field, there is a dropdown that shows up that lets you determine how to aggregate the data - you can find a screenshot in this post: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/63420083-986f-411f-ac76-d5455a3f3e65/infopath-form-multiple-selection-list-box-save-into-library?forum=sharepointcustomizationprevious
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-16-2020 11:09 AM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 31

Sounds like it's better to use individual fields to come up with that desired layout. Thank you for providing the link on how to publish checkboxes to SharePoint library. Sorry this is my first time to create checkboxes in InfoPath form library. I wonder if you can have any sample form for this, it would help a lot. Thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated.

• 07-16-2020 11:16 AM In reply to

The link was for property promotion when you have a multi-select list box. However, if you are going to use individual checkboxes, just add them to your form and promote each one :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-16-2020 11:24 AM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 31

Will try, thanks again for your quick response. Hope it works :-). You're the best. Have a great day and stay safe!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.