Field not displaying in the browser form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Field not displaying in the browser form

Last post 07-22-2020 02:35 AM by lucky4anshh. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-15-2020 06:45 AM

Field not displaying in the browser form

I have encountered a weird issue. This is an old form that I am talking about and everthing was working fine. Recently, a field in the form stopped fetching data from a secondary source. The other fields pulling the data from the same source are fine. The data is displayed correctly in the preview form and it doesn't populate after the users fetch the same data in the browser. I tested the form and this data connection in other site collection and it works fine there. If anyone could advise?
  • 07-15-2020 08:28 AM In reply to

Re: Field not displaying in the browser form

Yuck. I'd probably start by putting the query and data fields from the secondary data source on the canvas - check that first. Is the expected data present? I'm not sure if 'the other fields pulling from the data source' is referring to the data source itself, or main data source fields set by rules or defaults - that's why I'd initially check the secondary data directly. If there is no data in the expected field, I'd create a new data connection to the same data source, put those fields on the form, and see if I had a different result in the browser.....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-15-2020 07:57 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

Thanks for the response. I have this section where 9 fields pull data from a secondary data source including the description field (which has now stopped pulling data in the browser) and displays in the main form where the remaining data is filled based on these 9 fields. All 9 fields were working fine until last week but the description field has started showing blank. I did check the secondary data source which I do not have the FSO access to, I do not see the description column. But, if the data at source is removed, it shouldn't pull the data in the preview and in my testing form. I guess the data is there at the backend but that particular field shows blank.

Regards,

Anshh

• 07-16-2020 08:42 AM In reply to

Sorry - I don't know what "FSO access" is? Does that mean you can't go look at the list that the form is using for the secondary data? That wouldn't work tho - you'd at least have to have read access to have been able to create the data connection at all. Attach a copy of your form under the options tab if you'd like me to take a look.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-22-2020 02:35 AM In reply to

FSO access is the sote owner access. I have resolved the problem though. Just changed the data connection of the field. But, when included in data connection 1, the field still gives error...
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.