Rules not working on check box - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Rules not working on check box

Last post 07-09-2020 08:51 AM by amccalla. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2020 01:06 AM

Rules not working on check box

Hi,

I am trying to set various rules on a couple of check boxes that I have but they do not seem to be responding how I think they should. There are 2 check boxes which I don't want to be able to be selected at the same time (but can be both deselected, hence not using a radio button). I have therefore set a rule on each with the condition of itself being TRUE and the action being to set the other check box as FALSE.

When I test this though it has the opposite effect and sets both check boxes to TRUE when I select either of them. Very confused because there are no actions to ever set anything to TRUE so I don't see how it can be doing this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• 07-09-2020 08:28 AM In reply to

Re: Rules not working on check box

Here's a simple sample. Save the attached file locally, right click on the file, select Design and then you can look at the rules and preview. I wonder if there is some other rule in your form causing the issue - it sounds like your rules are correct. Attach your template to a reply (under the options tab) if you'd like me to take a look.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-09-2020 08:51 AM In reply to

Re: Rules not working on check box

Hi Hilary - thanks for coming back to me and providing that sample form.

So I changed the formula which was setting the checkbox value from what I had previously, boolean("FALSE"), to what you had, false(), and it now works. I've previously used that formula and not had any issues though so....confused by this. Anyway, all good now so thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.