Update data in List View - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Update data in List View

Last post 06-30-2020 08:20 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-29-2020 03:21 AM

Update data in List View

Hi Guys, I have a problem which I have tried a few options but none are working. I have a count field in List 1 (which Hilary thankfully helped Hugely with) and it works perfectly. This field counts items in List 2 that have a certain value. There are only 13 list items and the data is used for reference. The problem I have when an item updates in List 2 the item in list 1 updates in the item view only, the list view still shows the old number until you open the list item and save. I have tried using the update list item workflow (which will still return the old number) I have tried to update another field to the same value when the original field updates and that also return the old number in the list view. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dee
  • 06-29-2020 08:24 AM In reply to

Re: Update data in List View

So - I don't think the form is going to process logic when opened as "view" instead of "edit". I think you'll have to use workflow for this - on list 2 - that updates the items in list 1 when an item in list 2 changes. Are you using SharePoint on-prem or online? If online, you could use Power Automate for this. If on-prem and you have to use SharePoint designer, what version of SharePoint are you using?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-29-2020 11:54 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary, I'm using SharePoint designer 2010, would the workflow be to update x field to equal the value of x field? Thanks a million Dee
  • 06-30-2020 08:20 AM In reply to

I think that SharePoint 2010 didn't have any loop actions - if I recall correctly, you had to sort of roll your own, so that may make this difficult. What is the criteria you count on in List 1? I'd guess, roughly, that if something in List 2 changes, the count in List 1 would change for multiple items. And you'd need to get all the items that should change in List 1, loop through them, and update them. Here's a tutorial on looping in SharePoint 2010 - I've not followed it, so can't vouch to its accuracy, but hopefully it can get you pointed in the right direction: https://www.rbaconsulting.com/blog/tutorial-how-to-loop-through-multiple-list-items-without-code-using-a-sharepoint-2010-workflow/
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.