Copied SharePoint List and InfoPath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Copied SharePoint List and InfoPath

Last post 06-03-2020 02:54 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-03-2020 12:31 PM

Copied SharePoint List and InfoPath

I have a few lists that are connected by look-ups and data connections and I'm debating on a radical change. If I make a copy of this list will all the formulas/filters/queries that are in the InfoPath form break on this new "test list"? Thanks
  • 06-03-2020 01:13 PM In reply to

Re: Copied SharePoint List and InfoPath

I think if you save the current list as template and create a new list from it, you'll be ok. If you are talking about changes to the lists you are using for lookups, of course - those will impact your current form as well.... You may want to consider creating a template with content from the site to give yourself a safe play to try changes out. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-03-2020 01:36 PM In reply to

if I leave the lookup lists as is, will the copied list bring the DCs and look-ups in the form? or will a new DC and filter/queries be required?
  • 06-03-2020 02:23 PM In reply to

If you create a template from the list, and then create a new list on the same site, I think it will use the same data connections / look ups.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-03-2020 02:30 PM In reply to

awesome, thanks!
  • 06-03-2020 02:54 PM In reply to

The thing is - trying this out is low stakes. It is pretty quick to create a template from a list, and then create a new list from that template. Or create a site template and create a new site from that template. It shouldn't hurt your original list / lists / site to do this, and gives you a place to experiment a bit.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.