Repeating Table Not displaying the Correct Information Base off the Drop Down Cotrol - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating Table Not displaying the Correct Information Base off the Drop Down Cotrol

Last post 05-27-2020 09:40 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-27-2020 08:39 AM

Repeating Table Not displaying the Correct Information Base off the Drop Down Cotrol

I have a form that I am working on. It gets information for a SharePoint list. My list has two columns. One called vendor on called rate. The drop down in my form to select vendor is working well but the rate that is returned regardless of the vendor selected is always the first rate from the SP list. The rule I am using to get the rate is:Rate[Title = Title] (title is my vendor in SP). Any help on this would be great!!!
  • 05-27-2020 08:53 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating Table Not displaying the Correct Information Base off the Drop Down Cotrol

The formula probably needs to use the "current" function.... in the formula editor, can you tick the edit XPath box and then paste in the full XPath in a reply?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-27-2020 09:02 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating Table Not displaying the Correct Information Base off the Drop Down Cotrol

Thank you for the quick reply. Here is the full XPath. xdXDocument:GetDOM("spVendors")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:Rate[../d:Title = ../d:Title]
  • 05-27-2020 09:05 AM In reply to

Ok, so this looks like you are comparing the title in the secondary data source to the same field. Change the filter so that Title in spVendors = Title in your main data source....Feel free to attach a copy of your template under the Options tab in a reply if you'd like a hand. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-27-2020 09:11 AM In reply to

Hilary you are the best.. Thank you. I have attached the template.
  • 05-27-2020 09:24 AM In reply to

So - when I changed the filter to select the Vendor field in the main DS, InfoPath used the absolute path to the vendor - which would not have helped the situation at all. :) Instead, I manually changed it to use the current() function. Since the rule is on the Vendor node, which is in a repeating group, current() will always return whatever instance of the Vendor you just set the value on. Give this copy a try - right click the link in the heading of this post and save the file locally. Right click the saved file and select "design" - then you can preview and test it out.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-27-2020 09:33 AM In reply to

Oh thank you so much!!!!! I spent whole day yesterday searching for the solution to my problem... This works like a charm!!!
  • 05-27-2020 09:40 AM In reply to

Excellent - glad you are all squared away. It took me a while to really understand current() in XPath, but it really is the answer to a lot of these "filtering in a repeating group" questions. Have a great day!
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.