Dollar Amounts not displaying properly if cents are ".00" in the document library - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Dollar Amounts not displaying properly if cents are ".00" in the document library

Last post 05-21-2020 02:42 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-21-2020 05:36 AM

Dollar Amounts not displaying properly if cents are ".00" in the document library

I’m having problems with a dollar field from an InfoPath form, displaying properly in the SharePoint Designer generated e-mail. Everything is fine, unless the dollar amount ends in “.00”, then all I get is a single decimal place (for example, I have numbers that display as “$1,1200.0”; $450.0; and $7000.0”).

My original field to capture the amount is Text Decimal (double) with Format: Currency symbol ($English (United States)), 2 Decimal places, and Use a digit grouping symbol like this ($1,234.12). It shows up in my document library column as “1500.0”

So, when this field is not blank, I have it automatically copy itself to 2 other text fields where I do a lot of manipulation by determining how many characters are in this piece of text, adding “00” if the users just typed 500, for example, and add a dollar sign so the number displays with a $ in the document library.

With all I do, I get these results for my 1 original field and 3 manipulated/concatenated fields:

TB Bill Amount Text: 1500.0
    TB Bill Amount 4 Email: $1500.0
    TB Bill Amount Text TEST: 1,500
    TB Bill Amount 4 Email TEST: $1500.0

Any suggestions on getting a dollar amount to display as a 2-decimal dollar amount, even when the cents are “00”?

Filed under: ,
  • 05-21-2020 02:42 PM In reply to

Re: Dollar Amounts not displaying properly if cents are ".00" in the document library

So - I don't really have an answer to your question directly, but do have something you might try as a work around.... Is the data type of the field in InfoPath a number? If so, just promote the number, and add a calculated column that formats it as currency, then use that in your SharePoint Designer workflow?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.