Rules broken/Can't figure it out - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Rules broken/Can't figure it out

Last post 05-05-2020 02:39 PM by choward1. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2020 12:15 PM

Rules broken/Can't figure it out

Good afternoon, I'm having problems adding a new condition to some rules I have setup. I'm hoping to get another set of eyes on this because it's driving me crazy. The new condition is in the rule for the "ShowCFOSig" field. I've added "Schedule = "No Fee Schedule" to the rule. If any of those conditions are met it should be setting the "ShowCFOSig" field = "true", which in turn allows the "CFOSigGroup" to be shown. Please let me know what you think and if there are better ways to do this. Thank you in advance, Chris
  • 05-05-2020 12:26 PM In reply to

Re: Rules broken/Can't figure it out

Ok - so this is something that used to confuse me too, and it really made my life easier once I understood it ... Rules only run if the field they are on changes. So you have rules on the ShowCFOSig field that are supposed to SET the ShowCFOSig field - but unless that field's value changes, the rule will never ever fire. I would use a default value for this instead. You can't use default values for boolean fields, so change the field to text and use a default that will return true or false. The other option is put the rules you currently have on the ShowCFOSig field on each of the fields involved, so that the ShowCFOSig field is set when any of those fields change, like discount amount, or discount percent and so on. When those fields change, the logic will run to set ShowCFOSig. Does that make sense? Give it a try & let me know if you need a hand. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-05-2020 12:46 PM In reply to

Thank you for the quick reply! I changed the ShowCFOSig field to text and set the default to False and it didn't do anything different. Was trying to do your first option before changing all of those rules around. Let me know if I misunderstood you.
  • 05-05-2020 01:01 PM In reply to

So - you would want to use a formula in the ShowCFOSig field. I'll attach a sample later this afternoon - you just want to use a formula that returns true or false based on your conditions. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-05-2020 01:16 PM In reply to

I think I understand now. Just recreate all the conditions in the formula for the value of the field?
  • 05-05-2020 02:14 PM In reply to

See attached - save the file locally, right click and select Design to open in design mode. I disabled the rules, and used a default value for ShowCFOSig.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-05-2020 02:39 PM In reply to

Perfect! Thank you so much
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.