hidden sections - sometimes shrink and sometimes not - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

hidden sections - sometimes shrink and sometimes not

Last post 05-04-2020 09:46 AM by ipisors. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2020 03:20 PM

hidden sections - sometimes shrink and sometimes not

I have hidden sections over single cells. What gets me is that sometimes these hidden sections auto-shrink for end users, and sometimes they don't: some of them just leave a bunch of space there. Users don't like this and I am wondering what I am doing wrong? I can't identify anything about the difference of when the space auto shrinks and when it doesn't.
  • 05-04-2020 07:44 AM In reply to

Re: hidden sections - sometimes shrink and sometimes not

A lot of times this has to do with layout tables. If the row height isn't set to auto you may have white space. The height on the sections also needs to be set to auto. I usually take a color highlight approach to tracking these things down if I can't find them - set the fill on the section to one color, the fill on the table to another and so on - then you can see by color what is causing the white space and have a better chance of fixing it.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-04-2020 08:18 AM In reply to

Thank you - I made sure that the cells in question and their sections had row height set to Auto but the problem unfortunately persisted. Will keep hunting.
  • 05-04-2020 08:22 AM In reply to

Feel free to attach a copy of your form under the Options in a reply if you'd like a hand. I do suggest you try setting colors on everything to help find the culprit. Is this in the browser or filler?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-04-2020 08:31 AM In reply to

I did set the color to Peach on the 4 sections that I suspected were guilty, and they were. Attached. I mean they do shrink down to the standard row height - but in other cases they 'go away' completely when hidden, so this seems like an exception. Attached
  • 05-04-2020 08:33 AM In reply to

I am not sure what browser or filler means. It is the browser where I test the form - right clicking on a list item and selecting Edit Item. I am not sure what the filler is.
  • 05-04-2020 09:24 AM In reply to

Since this is a list form, it will always open in the browser. But regular InfoPath forms can also be set to be used in Filler. You might try previewing the form anyway from the designer and see if it behaves differently in preview vs. the browser. You might want to try putting all the sections in the same table row rather than having each section in its own row.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-04-2020 09:46 AM In reply to

I will have to study up on what infopath Filler means, thanks for the tip. and especially for your suggestion at last ... I had been having such trouble with things that I'd decided it was safest to put every bit of content in its own row, but hadn't thought of reversing that in this case. I did so - putting all 4 bits of content in a single row - and now I only have one small row height of white space instead of 4+. This is great .... thank you!
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.