'Submit' Buttons that can actually toggle between 3 different views. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

'Submit' Buttons that can actually toggle between 3 different views.

Last post 04-07-2020 12:47 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-06-2020 12:13 PM

'Submit' Buttons that can actually toggle between 3 different views.

Hey, I have a SharePoint Custom list that uses Infopath Forms for annotating. Out of 5 different views (forms)... After the first 2 views that have 'submit' buttons with rules based on criteria behind them, work fine. My question is, between the last three views, I would like to have buttons that can go back and forth between the 3 without any. criteria. Is that possible?
  • 04-07-2020 08:59 AM In reply to

Re: 'Submit' Buttons that can actually toggle between 3 different views.

Hi - I don't understand what you mean. What are the criteria? Do you mean conditions on rules that submit the form? You could set your buttons to be regular rule buttons and just include a submit action in the rules?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-07-2020 12:11 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary! So, I have 5 views (A,B,C,D,E).... A(Default), depending on what on choices made by our QC team in view A, it will go to either view B or C (I have rules in place for this on the 'submit' button). The issue that I have is... with views A & B out of the picture, because that piece is done. Views C,D,E may have information in each view that might be helpful on each, for example... I may need an answer off of view D for View C, So it would be best to be able to toggle back and forward. If there is a way to do it.. without submitting every time.
  • 04-07-2020 12:24 PM In reply to

Just use regular action buttons that change the view? Maybe have a field in the schema to keep track of what view the user has switched to, and use that when you open it to determine which view to open if needed? I don't think I understand why you'd need to submit every time? A regular button can just switch views....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-07-2020 12:39 PM In reply to

You're right... you don't have to submit every time. That was how I was trying to solve for this. I created a 'drop down' choice variable in SharePoint.. made those choices radio buttons in Infopath.. and used those as rules for the Submit button. But if you're saying I can use a button just to switch back and forth from one view to another. Can you show me how?
  • 04-07-2020 12:47 PM In reply to

Put a button on the form. For the button's rules, select the option to switch views. See attached - save the file locally, right click and select design.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.