Possible to bind text box to a People Picker group? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Possible to bind text box to a People Picker group?

Last post 04-07-2020 08:35 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-03-2020 08:48 PM

Possible to bind text box to a People Picker group?

I think this might be a stretch, but I am building a form for a manufacturing location. They do have a people directory and for the full-time employees the people picker works fine. No issue there.

Here is my question though: they occasionally have temporary contract employees performing some of the functions, and of course they are not in the directory. If I flip sections (hide one with PP in it, un-hide one with text box in it) can I bind a plain text box to the group?

I did an earlier version of this tool and swapped from a group to a text box field, which worked OK but there were names in two different areas (for each function). They've asked if all names can reside in one field/column, regardless of full-time or temp.

People pickers always name check, and my thinking is a plain text will not, but I don't think it'll write to a Group field...will it?
  • 04-07-2020 08:35 AM In reply to

Re: Possible to bind text box to a People Picker group?

So - is this a list form? Or a regular InfoPath form that submits to a library? You are right that you won't be able to put random text into a person/group column type. But you could have a third field that you display in your list library views and that could have either the display name from the people picker OR the user entered text in it - you could just add some submit rules to determine which to use when the form is submitted.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.