Cannot paste text into form in IE - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Cannot paste text into form in IE

Last post 04-03-2020 08:49 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-01-2020 01:58 PM

Cannot paste text into form in IE

Hi there,

In the form that i created in InfoPath 2013, i have a rich text box. The issue is that i cannot paste any text that i copied into that rich text box. I tried using ctrl+v as well as right click on Paste in the box, when i do that, i see the blue circle that would blink for half a second, and nothing gets pasted, the rich text box just stays blank!  This only happens in Internet Explorer. I have no problems pasting any text into the rich text box when i open the form in Chrome and Firefox. This issue also does not happen to plain text boxes, ie. i can paste texts into plain text boxes. Other users have tried to do the same and they also got the same issue on their computers. I also copied texts onto Notepad first, then copy from notepad and paste into the rich text box, still nothing would get pasted into the box. I really don't understand. Please help!

Filed under:
  • 04-02-2020 12:13 PM In reply to

Re: Cannot paste text into form in IE

What are the compatibility settings in IE for the site? Is it in compatibility view?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-02-2020 01:40 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary, the Compatibility View Settings for my IE has a check mark on "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View", and under the "Websites you've added to Compatibility View:" has the something.ca which is a part my SharePoint URL.

• 04-02-2020 01:54 PM In reply to

Well, there goes that idea. :) No problem pasting into plain text areas on a form, just rich text? I had thought at one point Chrome and other modern browsers didn't support InfoPath browser form rich text controls (but it has been a while since I've looked at that) - you are able to use formatting in the control in Chrome / Firefox / etc?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-02-2020 02:07 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary, yup i am able to paste in plain text boxes in IE, but nothing gets pasted in rich text boxes and i have 2 of them in my form. Yes, i can format text in the control in Chrome and Firefox.
  • 04-02-2020 04:13 PM In reply to

If you open dev tools in IE (F12) do you see any errors in the console? Is this published to a SharePoint 2013 server, or SharePoint online? I can try to repro the issue.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-02-2020 05:27 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary, i don't see any errors in the console, but i have attached screenshots of the HTML area of the rich text box in IE and in Firefox for you to compare. I'm sorry if that doesn't help, i'm not too familiar with coding. This is published to a SP 2013 server, but it is in our test environment, not in the production environment which i'm blindly hoping could resolve the issue when we move to production but not an option right now. Could you please take a look and let me know? Thank you!

• 04-02-2020 05:29 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary, it seems i cannot attach 2 pictures on the same post, i have attached the second screenshot in this post, this is in Firefox.

• 04-03-2020 08:22 AM In reply to

Thanks for the screenshots - one last question, is this a SharePoint List form (modified in InfoPath) or a "normal" InfoPath browser form (submits to a library)?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-03-2020 08:49 AM In reply to

I should add, I just tested this on a SharePoint 2013 server I have access to with a regular (i.e. not a list) form and was able to paste into a rich text control. Both in and not in compatibility view. The user experience was pretty bad, with IE asking consistently for clipboard access and a bar across the bottom popping up about allowing blocked content (and this was with a site that is in my trusted sites) but I was able to paste rich text from various sources (Word, Outlook) into the control, as well as plain text from Notepad ++. You may want to ask your SharePoint admins if they have the server up to date - this server is up to date on all Windows and SharePoint patches.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.