Where to filter data connection to sharepoint list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Where to filter data connection to sharepoint list

Last post 03-23-2020 09:45 AM by welshartnow. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-22-2020 12:32 PM

Where to filter data connection to sharepoint list

I have created a data connection to my list and wish to retrieve list items where "archive = no". This is not dependent on any user choice but needs to load within the form as a drop down. The user should not have to do anything non archived items will automatically display. I know I need to set archive = no & query the data connection on this basis but where do I do this, I can't place it on a particular field since it does not happen as a consequence of what happens in the form, it's an up front choice made by me? So that the correct items display within the drop down. Not sure where I place this rule - should it be on form load? Or elsewhere? Thanks for any advice here.
  • 03-23-2020 07:53 AM In reply to

Re: Where to filter data connection to sharepoint list

So, here's what I do, usually. Set the data connection to not run when the form loads (that will be an option in the data connection wizard, I think on the last screen - it is a checkbox). Then, in the form load rules, add a rule to set the archive query field to false, then add another rule to run the query.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-23-2020 09:45 AM In reply to

Re: Where to filter data connection to sharepoint list

What a wonderful knowledge you have of this product, thank you so much for sharing this tip, it sounds perfect. Kind regards Martin
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.