SharePoint collaboration - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SharePoint collaboration

Last post 03-24-2020 05:04 AM by granDelimiter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2020 07:37 AM

SharePoint collaboration

This question is actually about SharePoint, but the answer could involve infoPath. Our team want to collaborate on the documentation for using our infoPath files. We need a Word doc that we can all work on. Our infoPath and SharePoint are part of office 365 Online. I find that creating a word doc in the SharePoint site's Documents (which uses Word online) is very problematic (slow, saving is confusing, some things like tabs don't work, dimensions change when downloaded). Infopath list forms can save word docs at attachments which are not to bad to download and work on and return. But creating a list just to save an attachment seems ridiculous. Is there a better way to post a locally created word doc that we each download, work on and repost, in sharePoint?
  • 03-23-2020 07:56 AM In reply to

I would just use the documents library and open in Word rather than Word Online, if your users don't like Word Online. I don't recall if you are using SharePoint On Prem or Online, but on our SharePoint Online site there is a three dot menu and the option to open in the app (see attached screenshot which is for Excel, but my guess is that Word would have a similar option)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-24-2020 05:04 AM In reply to

Re: SharePoint collaboration

The SharePoint is online. "Open in app" works for Word also, and solves the problem. Thanks
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.