Blank rectangles on forms - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Blank rectangles on forms

Last post 03-13-2020 11:34 AM by granDelimiter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-13-2020 06:33 AM

Blank rectangles on forms

I need one view of each form for engineers to print and fill out by hand. These are in case they get to a site without their computer or a good connection. I need a good way to put blank white rectangles where the controls would be. Text boxes would work, but then I'd get a million warnings about non-bound text boxes. What might be even better would be if I could make the dividing lines in tables thick and colorful. When I select cells and click "Borders" on the Layout tab the thicknesses only go up to 6, and I have not even been able to make that work, it just keeps going back to 2. Is there a way to format table lines? Is there a better way to do blank boxes for writing in? Thanks
  • 03-13-2020 08:13 AM In reply to

Can you insert pictures? Under the Insert tab > Picture - you could have an image of the rectangle you'd like.... I'm not sure why borders aren't working for you - that seems strange. Here's a sample with a table using borders. Although to me, 6 seems extremely bold and more ink than I'd want to use for printing.....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-13-2020 10:12 AM In reply to

Re: Blank rectangles on forms

6 looks plenty wide, from your example. I should be able to just select one or more table cells, right click and choose 'borders and shading' and choose the wide (6) line type - right? It is not budging. For my first form I used text boxes all set to the same dummy field. Once one is done it can quickly be pasted it over all the controls. I'll try using a white picture for my second list, but I see pictures don't have the option of setting dimensions is 'percent', so they may not be as versatile. Thanks
  • 03-13-2020 10:46 AM In reply to

Well, after you select the line size, you need to click the outline button, or the individual border buttons. Of course, for table cells you also can't set to percent, so you may just want to continue using a text box.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-13-2020 11:34 AM In reply to

Re: Blank rectangles on forms

When I follow your directions I can get the borders up to 6. The text box solution gives me more versatility including colors control, so I'll stick with it. Thanks
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.