Picture won't display in form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Picture won't display in form

Last post 03-12-2020 07:51 AM by exemplaris. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-10-2020 09:10 PM

Picture won't display in form

I'm trying to place a picture in my form as a reference for some other controls. All I get is a small box with a black square and a white "X". I've tried just placing into a section, into a table, making it the default of a picture control and even as the background picture for an InkPicture control. At one point, I was able to get the picture to show up. It even was there when I went into the Preview, but when I published the form I just got the box with the "X". the picture is a ".jpg". I have some ".png" files that I have done this with that work okay. Does the "type" of file matter? Does the size? The original is 2.62 MB. Do I need to place it into a control or something else? Form is saved as Infopath 2007 Filler Form Template.
  • 03-11-2020 08:47 AM In reply to

Re: Picture won't display in form

Is this a picture control? Or do you just need to have a picture in your form? For the second scenario, I'd use Insert > Picture (or Online Picture if it is uploaded someplace everyone has permissions to). See screenshot.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-11-2020 03:47 PM In reply to

Yes, I just need the picture in the form. I tried the Insert > Picture and the picture is there in design mode, it is also in the preview but I still only get the black box with the white "X" when I publish the form.
  • 03-11-2020 03:57 PM In reply to

Oh that is annoying. Is this a browser form? If so, are you using on-prem or online SharePoint? Does it reproduce if you try in a different, new blank form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-11-2020 05:11 PM In reply to

No. the other day you helped me with updating my form. It was a 2003 filler. the choices that I have are: Infopath Web Browser and Filler Form Template; Infopath 2003 form Template; Infopath 2007 Web Browser form Template and Filler Form Template. I choose the Infopath 2007 filler Form Template and that fixed the issue I was having at that time. I tried placing the picture in a new form: I opened MS Office (2010) and opened Infopath Designer 2010. I inserted the picture saved it (it saved as Infopath Web Browser Form Template), I published it and it was there when I opened the form. should I try to save my form as the 2007 Web Browser instead of the Filler Form? what are the differences of these "types"?
  • 03-11-2020 05:35 PM In reply to

Well, I don't know what I did, but it is now working. I was adjusting the table that I was trying to place the picture in and after merging, splitting and adjusting I saved the form and published it again. Lo and behold the picture is there. As always I appreciate your help!
  • 03-12-2020 07:39 AM In reply to

Wow - glad that helped. So - the different types of compatibility have to do with 1) whether the form will be used in the browser or in the InfoPath application and 2) what version of SharePoint / InfoPath you are targeting. So - if you have a SharePoint 2010 site and you are publishing the form for use in the browser, you'd select Web Browser (2010) [that may not be the exact wording, but you get the idea]. The versions without a year in them are whatever the latest version is for your installation of InfoPath. If you are using InfoPath 2010 designer, for example, you'd only see 2003 / 2007 and versions without a year listed. In InfoPath 2013, you see 2003 / 2007 / 2010 and options without a year, which would be 2013. Does that make sense? It is sort of confounding, I know....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-12-2020 07:51 AM In reply to

Thank you. Your explanation of the compatibility and the version is very clear. I think there must have been something residual in the table and by doing some merging and splitting to affect the appearance I must have got rid of it. Once it was gone the picture could display. I have had issues with these "phantoms" before when trying to make things line up with each other in the published view. Thanks again.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.